5/11 Games

GGajewski18

Add Guerrero to the list of impressive starting prospects in the org if he can carry this success further.

I'm way higher on Alvarez than most (I predicted he'd be a Top 100 guy by the end of the year). He needs to be promoted.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 11, 2015 -> 08:45 PM)
Add Guerrero to the list of impressive starting prospects in the org if he can carry this success further.

I'm way higher on Alvarez than most (I predicted he'd be a Top 100 guy by the end of the year). He needs to be promoted.

Eddy Alvarez? I like him too, but... Top 100 guy? THIS YEAR? That's quite a leap. I'm not sure he's even in the org T20 yet, maybe late teens at very best. That could change, but, I don't think he ever reaches T100 status even if everything comes together. Because he's going to be fighting expectations the whole way, and would be 27-ish on reaching the majors (again, best case).

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 11, 2015 -> 09:36 PM)
Eddy Alvarez? I like him too, but... Top 100 guy? THIS YEAR? That's quite a leap. I'm not sure he's even in the org T20 yet, maybe late teens at very best. That could change, but, I don't think he ever reaches T100 status even if everything comes together. Because he's going to be fighting expectations the whole way, and would be 27-ish on reaching the majors (again, best case).

I 100% understand how completely insane it would be.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 12, 2015 -> 12:01 AM)
If you did you wouldn't be suggesting he'd a top 100 prospect by the end of the year haha.

Nah, I realize how crazy it sounds, I just believe due to his unique background he could pull it off.

Q doesn't know how crazy he sounds, help.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 11, 2015 -> 11:42 PM)
Nah, I realize how crazy it sounds, I just believe due to his unique background he could pull it off.

Q doesn't know how crazy he sounds, help.

It would be a great human interest story.

That said, I just think making it to the majors as a utility guy/PR would be amazing enough (like TB's Jim Morris in Rookie being rediscovered as a high school science teacher years after being drafted).

With his advanced age, it probably doesn't matter what he does in the minors unless he put up a 1200-1300 OPS, and that's just not the kind of stat line you're going to get out of an Alvarez-type of player.

QUOTE (southside hitman @ May 12, 2015 -> 08:32 AM)
I know the Sox bullpen has been solid, but man what does Cleto have to do to get a promotion? He has a 0.47 ERA now.

The really key thing with him is, he's not walking people anymore. And his fastball was still hitting upper 90s last night, topped at 99. If he's really got his control back, he needs to be in the majors.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 12, 2015 -> 01:54 PM)
The really key thing with him is, he's not walking people anymore. And his fastball was still hitting upper 90s last night, topped at 99. If he's really got his control back, he needs to be in the majors.

wow, i really hope he gets it right. another arm.

yes.