5/14 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 15, 2015 -> 12:46 AM)
Winston-Salem Dash ‏@WSDashBaseball 6m6 minutes ago

Jace Fry has been strong yet again (6IP, 1R, 3H, career high-tying 6K), but he and the Dash trail Salem 1-0 through 6. Listen @600WSJS

Sox system is loaded with pitching.

Lots of good arms, but now with Rodon called up, who do you project to be a starter at the big league level? To me, Montas is absolutely a reliever. Danish is 50/50, as he's going to have to find a way to get lefties out. Adams is likely a starter, but he's a long ways away.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2015 -> 07:02 PM)
Lots of good arms, but now with Rodon called up, who do you project to be a starter at the big league level? To me, Montas is absolutely a reliever. Danish is 50/50, as he's going to have to find a way to get lefties out. Adams is likely a starter, but he's a long ways away.

Nobody besides the iffy possibilities of Erik Johnson and Beck (also more likely a reliever).

If you start talking about Winston-Salem, more possibilities but 1 1/2 - 2 seasons away. Actually, other than Fry....not much to be excited about. Dykstra doesn't have overwhelming stuff. Wheeler and Ynoa have their fans, too...but, once again, nobody's projecting Ynoa as a starter anymore.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2015 -> 01:28 AM)
Nobody besides the iffy possibilities of Erik Johnson and Beck (also more likely a reliever).

If you start talking about Winston-Salem, more possibilities but 1 1/2 - 2 seasons away. Actually, other than Fry....not much to be excited about. Dykstra doesn't have overwhelming stuff. Wheeler and Ynoa have their fans, too...but, once again, nobody's projecting Ynoa as a starter anymore.

this is me and i will still say, my opinion is based on the fact that i am a huge fan of Adams. he has exciting stuff, now he needs to develop as hope.

the sox still has arms to be happy about. i was hoping and still that EJ will turn it around, which he has. but loosing a yr of development time, will that hurt him?

Beck i still have faith.

but in ref to sp's, esp for the immediate future. i do not know about Montas. Danish, who else can possibly help the team next yr as a starter?? the team is loosing JS, replace with rodon, Hector moves back to the rotation??

any other ideas, outside going the FA rt?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2015 -> 08:02 PM)

Everyone is far away but: Danish, Adams, Luis Martinez, Jordan Guerrero, and Jace Fry for sure. I'm also expecting someone else at pick #8 overall.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 15, 2015 -> 01:35 PM)
Everyone is far away but: Danish, Adams, Luis Martinez, Jordan Guerrero, and Jace Fry for sure. I'm also expecting someone else at pick #8 overall.

yes, there are good to great candidates. but who will be able to step in next yr, using next yr as a example to judge.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ May 15, 2015 -> 07:57 AM)
yes, there are good to great candidates. but who will be able to step in next yr, using next yr as a example to judge.

If they re-sign Samardzija they don't need anyone to step in next year. A front four of Sale-Q-Rodon-Samardzija is nasty.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 15, 2015 -> 06:40 PM)
If they re-sign Samardzija they don't need anyone to step in next year. A front four of Sale-Q-Rodon-Samardzija is nasty.

if you don't mind, let me counter that and ask, if the sox do not resign him, then what??

QUOTE (LDF @ May 15, 2015 -> 12:48 PM)
if you don't mind, let me counter that and ask, if the sox do not resign him, then what??

Then they probably use the $$ that they offered Samardzija to sign someone else or they make a trade. Not really sure.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 15, 2015 -> 06:51 PM)
Then they probably use the $$ that they offered Samardzija to sign someone else or they make a trade. Not really sure.

again, 100% that is the undecided factor of what we, as fans have to think about. that is why these discussion are great.

everyone is right ..... and everyone is wrong.

here is another thought, didn't anyone have these discussion with friends growing up??

QUOTE (LDF @ May 15, 2015 -> 12:48 PM)

If that were to happen, I would not be surprised if the Sox went after Zimmermann, Grienke, or Cueto.

I would also love to trade for Sonny Gray.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 15, 2015 -> 01:03 PM)
If that were to happen, I would not be surprised if the Sox went after Zimmermann, Grienke, or Cueto.

I would also love to trade for Sonny Gray.

Zimmerman, Greinke, and Cueto will all cost much more than Shark. I also would be surprised to see the White Sox pony up for a QO free agent year. Can't afford to give up another high draft pick, especially a 1st rounder.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 15, 2015 -> 01:05 PM)
Zimmerman, Greinke, and Cueto will all cost much more than Shark. I also would be surprised to see the White Sox pony up for a QO free agent year. Can't afford to give up another high draft pick, especially a 1st rounder.

Yes they will cost more than Shark, but they are also better than him. And Sox will for sure get a comp pick for Samardzija if he does not resign, so at least Sox would get a sandwich pick between rounds 1 and 2.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 15, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)

unless it might be for a catcher.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 15, 2015 -> 06:41 PM)
No catcher available is worth that kind of money besides Buster Posey.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2014/09/2016...ree-agents.html

There's a list of all free agents next year.

there is something called, supply and demand.

it all depends on how teams views their own catcher and see if there is a better option via FA.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 15, 2015 -> 01:58 PM)
there is something called, supply and demand.

it all depends on how teams views their own catcher and see if there is a better option via FA.

Well out of that current group of FA catchers, only one I would be interested in is Matt Wieters and he's coming off TJ.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ May 15, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
Well out of that current group of FA catchers, only one I would be interested in is Matt Wieters and he's coming off TJ.

you may very well be right, i was just stating that the sox have major holes in a area or 2. JS walks and the teams needs to address those holes as best as possible.

there are going to be some tight, very tight expectations from the FO and they may not be able to answer those expectations, due to salary.