Rowand will be TV guy this weekend

Chisoxfn

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 16, 2015 -> 01:23 AM)
Rowand did a nice job. He just needs to speak up and stop mumbling/whispering. I found it hard to hear about 20% of the stuff he was saying.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ May 16, 2015 -> 01:24 AM)
I thought he provided a lot of solid insight from the player's perspectives.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 16, 2015 -> 06:29 AM)
I liked his insight.

I thought he provided good analysis and color commentary. His delivery was a little dry but he's just starting out. I think if he wants to pursue a career in broadcasting he can become an excellent baseball color man.

Yea he's super raw but he seems to be pretty good at giving insight into how players think. You can tell he's a guy that liked to talk to his team mates in the clubhouse and dugout. That said, as everyone mentioned, he needs practice. He needs to work on just the basics like finishing thoughts and speaking into the mic.

I wouldn't mind seeing Stone take over the PbP and let Rowand do color as an tryout in 2016.

I found it weird that he was giving what seemed like scouting reports on pitchers he's probably never faced. It's like he was reading it straight off a piece of paper, but he made it sound like he's actually faced the guy before.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 16, 2015 -> 10:15 PM)
I found it weird that he was giving what seemed like scouting reports on pitchers he's probably never faced. It's like he was reading it straight off a piece of paper, but he made it sound like he's actually faced the guy before.

He probably watched some tape on the pitchers. Wouldn't really surprise me

Wow can Stone take another week off? These two gel. Great insight by Rowand. You can tell he comes from the same school of thought as Hawk- like discussing the human aspect, not the boring statistical aspect. I'm glad they put the mic closer to Rowand tonight too, night & day ;)

There are no silent spots with Rowand. He's always got something to say...and it's usually intriguing. With the Sox playing good ball and Rowand in the booth, Hawk has actually been really tolerable...but I never complain about Hawk.

He wasn't that bad, but there was a portion of Sunday's game where I wasn't even sure his mic was on. You couldn't hear him over the stupid drumming.

It was refreshing just because Hawk was a little more energetic working with somebody he likes (saying nothing of who's to blame between Hawk and Stone). You could tell he wanted Rowand to do well.