GAME THREAD 5/15 - SOX @ OAK

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2015 -> 08:54 PM)
Do you not think his stuff is ready?

I think his stuff is nasty...but pitching at this level is not just about stuff. There's plenty of failed mlb SPs with nasty stuff.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:01 PM)
Remember the first game in Milwaukee? We were all ready to blow it up, but the time we left it was a success.

If we weren't in Oakland I might have a different tune and if we didn't have our two worst pitchers going the next 2 days

I think it's pretty obvious that Rodon is on the major league roster because they want him working with Coop on a daily basis and they feel he's a better starting option than Noesi despite being an unfinished product. Let's give him a few starts before we determine he's not ready for the pros. His stuff is so good that he can still be effective even if he's a bit wild at times.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 15, 2015 -> 08:59 PM)
And you can definitively say that? It's not all cut and dried. If he's facing a different team with a different umpire back there who knows what happens. He lost his control. I am not going to judge him on 1+ innings of struggling.

People have been discussing his control since last season. This isn't the first time he has struggled to locate. No one is saying the guy is a failure; we're saying he could possibly benefit from working on some things down in Charlotte.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:01 PM)
I think his stuff is nasty...but pitching at this level is not just about stuff. There's plenty of failed mlb SPs with nasty stuff.

I think I'm one of the few that would like to see the younger guys get some shots this year. I think its time to build while we still have Abreu, Sale and Q under control. Avasail coming around is a bonus as well. I'd like to deal Alexei as part of this.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
Angel Hernandez really sucks

Maybe it's because I'm watching the Oakland broadcast, but I don't have much of a problem with his zone from what I've seen.

Maybe the Chicago feed was making those outside corner pitches look like strikes to you guys, but they all looked like balls on the Oakland feed.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:05 PM)
Maybe it's because I'm watching the Oakland broadcast, but I don't have much of a problem with his zone from what I've seen.

Maybe the Chicago feed was making those outside corner pitches look like strikes to you guys, but they all looked like balls on the Oakland feed.

Some for Rodon were questionable but nothing crazy. Typical rookie strike zone

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
I think I'm one of the few that would like to see the younger guys get some shots this year. I think its time to build while we still have Abreu, Sale and Q under control. Avasail coming around is a bonus as well. I'd like to deal Alexei as part of this.

Yeah, I generally agree...but with Rodon, I want them to handle him carefully.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 16, 2015 -> 04:03 AM)

You think Anderson is the SS of the future? I know you said you liked him the other day.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2015 -> 09:04 PM)
Already halfway there. Shot a 74 on the golf course today, celebrated with mucho cocktails

Let me know next time you roll and I'll rack up 74 on the first 9. :D

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:07 PM)
You think Anderson is the SS of the future? I know you said you liked him the other day.

Yes I do. Maybe his stats arent there yet but I like him to replace Alexei and I feel like this is the time to deal him especially with better players coming on the market eventually.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2015 -> 10:03 PM)

Who? Thompson? Anderson? Sanchez and Johnson? Kevan Smith?