GAME THREAD 5/15 - SOX @ OAK

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 15, 2015 -> 10:07 PM)
Alright boys, time to score some f***ing runs. Been in this thread for 15 minutes and already sick of the negativity.

When you walk 7 and Jamie Carroll's in the game....hard to expect much optimism, especially with the Royals, Tigers and Twins winning.

Plus, the A's are basically another version of the Twins, except less hitting after Semien and Reddick.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:10 PM)
Who? Thompson? Anderson? Sanchez and Johnson? Kevan Smith?

If the season spirals out of control at some point, then I think you start Johnson at 2B, Sanchez at SS, Smith at C, and give Thompson some time in the OF. Anderson is not close to being ready IMO. Unless he develops some patience in the second half of this season, he'll need to start next year at AAA.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:13 PM)
If the season spirals out of control at some point, then I think you start Johnson at 2B, Sanchez at SS, Smith at C, and give Thompson some time in the OF. Anderson is not close to being ready IMO. Unless he develops some patience in the second half of this season, he'll need to start next year at AAA.

Sanchez and Johnson are 2b only................they do not have arm strength for SS. One will be traded at some point.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 16, 2015 -> 04:13 AM)

I actually agree about trying to get Sanchez and Johnson as many at bats as you can if things get real bad.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:03 PM)
I think I'm one of the few that would like to see the younger guys get some shots this year. I think its time to build while we still have Abreu, Sale and Q under control. Avasail coming around is a bonus as well. I'd like to deal Alexei as part of this.

I agree with all of this.

Certainly if Rodon can be up here, they can find you players in lieu of Carroll, Shuck, Bonifacio, etc. or some combination thereof.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:13 PM)

I would like to see Thompson as the 4th Of'er at some point. I do not believe in "rushing" guys since I think the game is very different at every level. I know im in the minority but I like some of that talent

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 15, 2015 -> 10:08 PM)
Yes I do. Maybe his stats arent there yet but I like him to replace Alexei and I feel like this is the time to deal him especially with better players coming on the market eventually.

But we haven't really been in the market for the guys like Hanley Ramirez or Sandoval.

We can have Beckham/Conor tread water, but it's almost impossible to replace 3b, SS and C quickly or cheaply.

This team plays some of the most uninspiring baseball I've witnessed in my 30 years on this planet. Free agents have been complete non-factors outside the bullpen guys.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:16 PM)
But we haven't really been in the market for the guys like Hanley Ramirez or Sandoval.

We can have Beckham/Conor tread water, but it's almost impossible to replace 3b, SS and C quickly or cheaply.

I mean deal him before the market gets better. Castro and others are better targets for contenders.

Ha Ha Oak 6-2.........Avi threw the ball into the ground........You are NOT getting a call at Oakland.

I still think someone in NY has a beef with the Sox.

Edited by Soxfest