GAME THREAD 5/16 - SOX @ OAK

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 16, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
While I think he's going to end up being a good hitter for us, I can't for the life of me wrap my head around why he doesn't take AT LEAST 2 pitches before he swings. Why isn't that being demanded? How does a 1 pitch AB help the ball-club

I have no stats to back it up but I feel like he swings at the first pitch an awful lot and doesn't have a lot of success with it

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 16, 2015 -> 08:16 PM)
While I think he's going to end up being a good hitter for us, I can't for the life of me wrap my head around why he doesn't take AT LEAST 2 pitches before he swings. Why isn't that being demanded? How does a 1 pitch AB help the ball-club

Isn't he like second on the team in BB? Although to be fair, that ain't sayin much with our lack of OBP.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2015 -> 08:17 PM)
No chance, placed perfectly. Danks is naturally slow off the mound to the right side due to where he ends up on his pitches.

Yeah, the play probably isn't made but there was a better chance with Danks trying to flip it to Jose

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 17, 2015 -> 01:22 AM)
Just pains me to see what Danks is now. Was a big fan of his since the DVD trio in the minors.

Just counting down the starts until his contract is expired. Sadly, that extension has really killed the franchise the past few years.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 17, 2015 -> 01:23 AM)
So sick of Danks............Oak sucks against LHP but not Danks.

Weak fastball up and away to Butler seems like the perfect pitch for him to drive. It's ok, Sox aren't familiar with him.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2015 -> 08:24 PM)
Weak fastball up and away to Butler seems like the perfect pitch for him to drive. It's ok, Sox aren't familiar with him.

I hate the fact just because of his crap contract fans have to watch this guy pitch every 5th day.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 17, 2015 -> 01:26 AM)
I hate the fact just because of his crap contract fans have to watch this guy pitch every 5th day.

No replacements ready...even the replacement for Noesi has huge question marks.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 16, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
Danks looks pretty good tonight. Bad pitch to Butler but he's locating and his change looks nasty. Chavez looked wild. Hang in there

Besides the one pitch he looked pretty good. Hopefully he cans still give us a QS and a chance to win..

And what the hell was that?!?! More poor fundamentals by this team