Should UD's have access to the LD after 6th in?

JUGGERNAUT

Should UD's have access to LD after 6th inning?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Should UD's have access to LD after 6th inning?

• YES
    • NO
    • MAYBE

For the record, I've only been in the UD a few times in about 150 appearances since the Cell opened. So this is not about me any more as much as asking this in general for the people who can't afford the price difference as well as the dream that sometime we routinely sell out the LD.

I think they should be given the opportunity to experience the concourse in the late innings. They pay good $$$ to support the SOX & for the casual fan who can't attend many games you would like them to have a chance to take in all of the amenities so that they will be more likely to come back.

Adding a new stair well entrance at the top of the UD would help as well because it cuts down the number of steps you have to walk. This is typically the biggest complaint I hear. People (men, women, & children) get a little frightened on the stairs because of how steep they. But that change probably isn't cheap.

I think the SOX should rent cheap binoculars for UD patrons as well. For maybe $1 more you can rent binoculars that they collect on the way out. These can be made pretty much unbreakable & cheap now a days. That change could probably be had at a low price.

I just think UD's should have some access. I don't think they should be penalized by a big crowd or simply not being able to afford the LD prices. I'm thinking of the casual baseball fan who is more of a SOX fan than a NS fan.

Late in the games is when all of the problems have happened!

So a few bad apples should spoil it for everyone else?

Take a look at this:

2000 SOX Attendance : 24,047 avg, 1.948MIL total

Now I believe a closer race like we are seeing in 2003 should draw more fans than the run-away race in 2000. I SOX have < 40000 there tonight. I think there is something to the fan alienation assoc with the UD.

The 2003 SOX are trailing this number right now by 300K.

Juggernaut wants to be the "Rosa Parks" of US Cellular Field.

"I Refuse to sit in the Upper Deck!"

Not to make light of Ms. Parks' great accomplishments, but Juggernaut is talking this a bit too far.

Will there be another poll tomorrow?

:lolhitting

(Ribbie then lights a cigar with a hundred dollar bill and laughs from his air-conditoned, leather-covered, season ticket holder seat)