AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

BaconOnAStick

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 17, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
It's funny that Rowand and Hawk are complimenting each other on a well-announced series, as in truth...it was unconscionably horrible

that is why that is funny

Honestly, I got more out of Rowand this series then I have out of Steve Stone the entire time he has been here. Rowand's insights into pitch sequences, mechanics and the mental approaches were more depth than I have heard out of that booth since Jack McDowell sat in last year.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 17, 2015 -> 06:05 PM)
It's funny that Rowand and Hawk are complimenting each other on a well-announced series, as in truth...it was unconscionably horrible

At least it was entertaining. And more importantly, it was a sweep! Five game winning streak into the homestand, time to keep the Tribe from getting any ideas!

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 17, 2015 -> 07:05 PM)

I actually thought Aaron got better as the series went on. He got more comfortable, and did a decent job IMO. The first game, and the third game, were totally different. He improved leaps and bounds.

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 17, 2015 -> 06:07 PM)
Sale/Q next two games, get above .500 and stay above .500.

Let's hope. We lit up Kluber earlier this year, but he seems to have turned a corner. Should be a great matchup tomorrow.

That was an All-Star series for Avi. He now leads the team in OBP and OPS. Other than the baserunning blunder he dominated. Made every play in the outfield and hit the s*** out of the ball. The As radio crew was slobbering on him.

The guy is becoming a complete monster its great.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 17, 2015 -> 06:06 PM)
Honestly, I got more out of Rowand this series then I have out of Steve Stone the entire time he has been here. Rowand's insights into pitch sequences, mechanics and the mental approaches were more depth than I have heard out of that booth since Jack McDowell sat in last year.

Well said. I have mlb.tv so I watch a lot of other broadcasts when the Sox aren't on. These were by far the best 3 games i've heard announced by far, no homer talking either. The insight these two had was incredible with respect to approach at the plate.

When you watch other teams' guys you always get the announcer voice blabbing out stats. Stats? Really? Stats? Playoffs? Practice? Stats? Lol we can all read the stats on the screen chip carey. Thanks bub. Len kasper, thanks for not talking about anything baseball related etc.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ May 17, 2015 -> 06:28 PM)
Well said. I have mlb.tv so I watch a lot of other broadcasts when the Sox aren't on. These were by far the best 3 games i've heard announced by far, no homer talking either. The insight these two had was incredible with respect to approach at the plate.

When you watch other teams' guys you always get the announcer voice blabbing out stats. Stats? Really? Stats? Playoffs? Practice? Stats? Lol we can all read the stats on the screen chip carey. Thanks bub. Len kasper, thanks for not talking about anything baseball related etc.

This is why I defend farmer and DJ a lot. They have a lot of fluff, but they have some excellent pitch sequence commentary which we do not get on our tv team often.

I'm so thrilled we went on a streak, but can't help but be bummed that after 2.5 weeks of really good baseball we are only at .500. I really want this to keep going so that .500 isn't the ghost we are chasing all season after a terrible start.