AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER

BaconOnAStick

QUOTE (Alexeihyeess @ May 18, 2015 -> 11:28 AM)
Sox do not play by 100 pitch count hard cap. Teams think they have a guy on the ropes but Robin/Coop bring them out there with 110 pitches thrown and its not what opponents are expecting. I personally like it.

They shoot for around 120.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 18, 2015 -> 07:00 PM)
I hope the same people who were blaming Robin for the team's bad start are giving him credit for the team's turn around

I'll give him credit. In many organizations he'd have been fired after that Twins' series. That was a point where they easily could have canned him and nobody would have thought it unjustified. Lot of ball to be played but it's a miracle in my mind the team is .500.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 18, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
Not even Rongey gave Ventura credit for the turnaround. He said "the start wasn't Robin's fault" and "the turnaround wasn't Robin doing anything" during yesterday's postgame.

So in that case, what is Ventura doing, from Rongey's perspective?

At least he is being consistent. I can respect him for that. The ones that drive me crazy are the ones who seem to think the bad start was Ventura's fault, but the turnaround was luck or something.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 18, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
At least he is being consistent. I can respect him for that. The ones that drive me crazy are the ones who seem to think the bad start was Ventura's fault, but the turnaround was luck or something.

I think Ventura did nothing to inspire the team during the rut (it may not have been his fault either), and I think he's doing nothing to pull the strings during their hot streak either.

I just can't figure out why he's the manager of this team.

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 18, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
Not even Rongey gave Ventura credit for the turnaround. He said "the start wasn't Robin's fault" and "the turnaround wasn't Robin doing anything" during yesterday's postgame.

So in that case, what is Ventura doing, from Rongey's perspective?

Sounds like he subscribes to the same Hawk Harrelson newsletter I do. "Anyone in the stands or watching at home could be a major league manager"

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ May 18, 2015 -> 03:27 PM)
I think Ventura did nothing to inspire the team during the rut (it may not have been his fault either), and I think he's doing nothing to pull the strings during their hot streak either.

I just can't figure out why he's the manager of this team.

At this point you can throw out all that stuff and just focus on the tactical mistakes. Calling for a reliever before the PH was announced (I don't care if Hernandez was unclear, you sure as s*** make sure it was announced before ou signal, why the hell RV was sitting in the dugout and had Cooper go out is beyond me but it seems clear RV was in the dark) and not challenging in Detroit are clear tactical mistakes that should never, ever happen.