GAME THREAD 5/18 - CLE @ SOX

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ May 19, 2015 -> 01:26 AM)
Kluber to Flowers is completely unfair. Might as well be holding a lollipop stick.

Need another bat in the 7-8-9 range. This current bottom of the order is awful offensively.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
Need another bat in the 7-8-9 range. This current bottom of the order is awful offensively.

I don't know what they can do about catcher. There's nothing out there that anyone will give up. Maybe if they commit to trading Montas or Anderson they could get something in the 2 WAR range but that's about it I'd think.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 18, 2015 -> 08:27 PM)
How is your approach to swing a first pitch breaking ball? Go up there trying to get ahead. Take a pitch. It's Kluber, you're not going to hit his breaking stuff.

Flowers' approach is, guess the pitch. And he is horrible at it especially as a damn catcher

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 19, 2015 -> 02:30 AM)
I don't know what they can do about catcher. There's nothing out there that anyone will give up. Maybe if they commit to trading Montas or Anderson they could get something in the 2 WAR range but that's about it I'd think.

If trading Montas gets you a starting catcher, then sign me up!

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 18, 2015 -> 08:30 PM)
Flowers' approach is, guess the pitch. And he is horrible at it especially as a damn catcher

he has a long slow swing someone should try and get into his head to cut down a little maybe. It's not like he hits many HR for all his huge hacks. Probably won't get through to him until he's no longer a starting MLB catcher.

He stinks if it wasn't for one of the luckiest stretches of BABIB luck ever for a guy that slow he probably would be out of MLB.