NOW THAT IS why we need Colon!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Bullpen Tired? MASSIVE game against the team you are fighting tooth and nail against for the division lead? Who do you send out there? Bartolo Colon.

WAY TO STEP UP THERE BIG GUY!! A complete game victory against the annoying hostess snack cakes from up north. AWESOME EFFORT!!!!

ALL YOU CRITICS OF COLON...........SUCK IT!!!!!

:bringit

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i can't recall -

where you for or against these praise a player who was attacked threads? Like the MB and the PK ones?

I am not asking to be sarcastic. I don't remember where you stood, there was so much wide ranging debate.

Personally I think you saluting Colon is cool when he goes 9 and wins the game to put us in first place alone. I also thought it was ok to post a thread saying PK was hitting a lot of home runs. I got bashed by saying that was being in people's faces and PK was just doing his job. Well, to those people, then your thread is in people's faces and Colon was just doing his job.

I prefer the celebration threads when a player does something well, especially when that player has been trashed as Colon and PK have been.

But be prepared for the bashing (unless those folks are going to suddenly adopt another stance)

but with you, right now,

Bartolo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers :cheers

Bullpen Tired?  MASSIVE game against the team you are fighting tooth and nail against for the division lead?  Who do you send out there?  Bartolo Colon.

WAY TO STEP UP THERE BIG GUY!!  A complete game victory against the annoying hostess snack cakes from up north.  AWESOME EFFORT!!!!

ALL YOU CRITICS OF COLON...........SUCK IT!!!!!

:bringit

Speaking of snack cakes, did anyone else see Loaiza indulging himself to a Twinkie prior to the start of the bottom of the first? I loved it!

This is why he was the most coveted pitcher in the off season. His last three performances have been unbelievable. He is stepping it up when it matters most and that is what I like to see. Anyone who questions his effort just has to look at the game tonight and see what a competitor he truly is. Colon this Buds for you. :drink

i can't recall -

where you for or against these praise a player who was attacked threads?  Like the MB and the PK ones?

I am not asking to be sarcastic.  I don't remember where you stood, there was so much wide ranging debate.

Personally I think you saluting Colon is cool when he goes 9 and wins the game to put us in first place alone.  I also thought it was ok to post a thread saying PK was hitting a lot of home runs.  I got bashed by saying that was being in people's faces and PK was just doing his job.  Well, to those people, then your thread is in people's faces and Colon was just doing his job.

I prefer the celebration threads when a player does something well, especially when that playr has been trashed as Colon and PK have been.

But be prepared for the bashing (unless those folks are going to suddenly adopt another stance)

but with you, right now,

Bartolo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers  :cheers

I dont bash any sox players. I bash the team as a whole. But specifically about Colon, ive always loved his talent and im a HUGE fan of his. I know darn well if somehow we make the playoffs, he will be our ace, our horse, our stud. He is and always has been, a big game pitcher. Ive been saying that from day one.

Guest hotsoxchick1
This is why he was the most coveted pitcher in the off season.  His last three performances have been unbelievable.  He is stepping it up when it matters most and that is what I like to see.  Anyone who questions his effort just has to look at the game tonight and see what a competitor he truly is.  Colon this Buds for you.  :drink

and for the record here.. in case anyone was wondering.. yeah i still hate the fat f*** but i did however cheer him on tonite......so let that wipe the slate clean of anyone who doubts my loyality to the team efforts ok........ :cheers

So, by that definition...its ok for him to non-chalantly go out there every 5th day before September, and pitch averagely...as long as he still "turns it on" in September???? :huh: :huh:

And thats why he is an "Ace"????

I agree, tonight he did what an Ace-like pitcher needed to do, but I'm still far from considering him a Great pitcher.

didn't mean to imply at all that you based a sp;ecific player - just asking in general since the praise PK threads took so much heat and I was attacked for celebrating PK - I am with you, Colon pitched a hell of a game, and Colon deserves all the praise tonight - as well as Valentin, I might add, who made some good plays, and I have not always been complimentary on his fielding.

I agree 100% that Colon will be a big factor in the playoffs.

and we are going to game 7 in the WS.

So, by that definition...its ok for him to non-chalantly go out there every 5th day before September, and pitch averagely...as long as he still "turns it on" in September???? :huh:  :huh:

And thats why he is an "Ace"????

I agree, tonight he did what an Ace-like pitcher needed to do, but I'm still far from considering him a Great pitcher.

lol that is just his demeanor, ALWAYS HAS BEEN. He has calm and mellow tonight too, it does NOT mean hes not trying, geez.

and for the record here.. in case anyone was wondering.. yeah i still hate the fat f*** but i did however cheer him on tonite......so let that wipe the slate clean of anyone who doubts my loyality to the team efforts ok........ :cheers

I never questioned your loyalty to the Sox. I just feel Colon is over criticized when he is having a better season then Buehrle who recieves almost no heat at all on this board. Colon is stepping it up big time when it counts and lets just celebrate that. :cheers

didn't mean to imply at all that you based a sp;ecific player - just asking in general since the praise PK threads took so much heat and I was atatcked for celebrating PK - I am with you, Colon pitched a hell of a game, and Colon deserves all the praise tonight - as well as Valentin, I might add, who made some good plays, and I have not always been complimentary on his fielding.

I agree 100% that Colon will be a big factor in the playoffs.

and we are going to game 7 in the WS.

ANy praise of a sox player should be fine. Personally, I just get aggravated when our team plays like crap and we still act like theyre doing just fine.

Guest hotsoxchick1
I never questioned your loyalty to the Sox.  I just feel Colon is over criticized when he is having a better season then Buehrle who recieves almost no heat at all on this board.  Colon is stepping it up big time when it counts and lets just celebrate that. :cheers

i think mb doesnt get heat because hes been here longer and we know what to expect out of him???? anyhow i just didnt want it to be said i didnt cheer him on.... i did.. it doesnt mean i like him ... but you get what im sayin .....right???