NOW THAT IS why we need Colon!!

NUKE_CLEVELAND

Guest Ncorgbl
Yeah, sometimes i'm illiterate, but on the writing part, because i understand 90% of the things that you write. If you try to write something in other language, you will write wrong sooner or later. 

Try to come here and talk to other people...i dont wanna be next to you if that happens. :lol:

I don't believe for a moment that you understand anything that I write.

Did you go back and look yet, puppy?

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You spend a season blasting a player then take offense when I point out that it is starting something.  I am well over 6 years old and agree with you on many posts going back to the MLB board.  I am sitting in the heart of the Loop right now doucebag, bad assumption on who I am.  I am not going to sit here and take a holier than thou attititude like yourself.  Just pointing out that if you post your opinion and try to shove it up everyone's ass every five days I will point out that it gets annoying.  Look at the MLB board, that place is annoying as hell becasue it is a bunch of clueless idiots that post nothing.  That is what all of these posts are.  You sit and defend Thomas and David Wells to no end and rip this guy because.....I am not sure why.  His record is what it is becasue we can not produce offensivly on a consistent basis.  The effort last night was greater than any I had seen recently but then again I am 6 years old so wht the f*** do I know.

How old are you?  Get out of the home often?  Medication need to be increased?  Sheltered life?  Go back to Barrington.  This is a website I come to for enjoyment not to be criticized  :dips***

It's Oakbrook, and I too come for enjoyment and not to be criticized. Why is it one way for you and not the same for me?

Since when is balsting a player starting something? Every hour of every day of every season a Sox player gets blasted by someone on this and all the other sites.

Further, asswipe, since when is posting an opinion "trying to shove it up everyone's ass every five days"?

I rip GooBoy because he has rarely made an effort this year for us, as he did last night, and as he has against us in the past for other teams. 13-12 isn't what I was looking for from him, were you?

"The effort last night was greater than any I had seen recently but then again I am 6 years old so wht the f*** do I know."

Had our 'Tub O' Goo' made the effort all season you wouldn't be able to say that, and I wouldn't have a running post.

This is this I will write on this subject.

Posting every 5 days on the same title is in my opinion excessive and an attempt to shove it down everyone's throat. Everyone here knows your thougths on Colon, again, your opinion is known. At this point it appears in my opinion that you get enjoyment out of telling Colon fans how terrrible he is doing.

I am a Colon fan and feel 90% of his outings are worthy of his role, there are only two, that I feel he could have performed better. I am far more disappointed in Mark Buerhle and feel he has had more a negative affect then Colon but I do not post it daily as that is not the purpose of this website nor do I dwell on this aspect of our team.

Colon has pitched well over 200 innings and has well above average numbers, I see him putting forth as great an effort as anyone and feel with more consistent offense he would have a better record.

Guest Ncorgbl

Posting every 5 days on the same title is in my opinion excessive and an attempt to shove it down everyone's throat.  Everyone here knows your thougths on Colon, again, your opinion is known.  At this point it appears in my opinion that you get enjoyment out of telling Colon fans how terrrible he is doing.

I am a Colon fan and feel 90% of his outings are worthy of his role, there are only two, that I feel he could have performed better.  I am far more disappointed in Mark Buerhle and feel he has had more a negative affect then Colon but I do not post it daily as that is not the purpose of this website nor do I dwell on this aspect of our team.   

Colon has pitched well over 200 innings and has well above average numbers, I see him putting forth as great an effort as anyone and feel with more consistent offense he would have a better record.

You have your opinion, I have mine. How many times have you posted negatively about Buehrle? Have I ever, just once, jumped on you personally about it? Have I ever, any single time that you've read, done anything other than disagree with another opinion, and state why? I have REACTED to the name calling, the inane attacks, I'll always defend myself, but have you ever seen me initiate any of that crap?

I'll ask you again,

Why is it one way for you and not the same for me?

Posting every 5 days on the same title is in my opinion excessive and an attempt to shove it down everyone's throat.  Everyone here knows your thougths on Colon, again, your opinion is known.  At this point it appears in my opinion that you get enjoyment out of telling Colon fans how terrrible he is doing.

I am a Colon fan and feel 90% of his outings are worthy of his role, there are only two, that I feel he could have performed better.  I am far more disappointed in Mark Buerhle and feel he has had more a negative affect then Colon but I do not post it daily as that is not the purpose of this website nor do I dwell on this aspect of our team.   

You have your opinion, I have mine. How many times have you posted negatively about Buehrle? Have I ever, just once, jumped on you personally about it? Have I ever, any single time that you've read, done anything other than disagree with another opinion, and state why? I have REACTED to the name calling, the inane attacks, I'll always defend myself, but have you ever seen me initiate any of that crap?

I'll ask you again,

Why is it one way for you and not the same for me?

It is not your ideas and opinion that is the problem it is fact that they are posted daily when Colon pitches. Most of my negative Buerhle comments are made toward your thoughts on Colon and what appears to be an attempt to place an unjust amount of blame on him by using history and current performance as the guide but you will not use this for Buerhle. My thought on this earlier was that you are posting on this topic "to start something," read all of the posts and verbage that goes along with these threads when posted. Then read your response to me on the fact that you claim to be simply posting your thoughts on this matter. My point was that every person on this site in the last month knows very well that you do not like Colon, why do you feel you need to bring it up daily. After I pointed this out you basically called me a grammer school fool from a far off land. Really uncalled for but hey that is your way, I can live with that. There is no double standard if my comments on Buerhle are geting to you let em know and I will stop. The performance last evening showed what he is made of and why after getting his money in this upcoming offseason his team will be in the playoff hunt while we are watching another sub-par pitching stuff have at it next year. Looking at the game by game results, negative comments are more justly deserved for Buerhle than Colon.

Guest Ncorgbl

Then go back and read the initial post, not the replies that I make to the idiots who can't comprehend what they read.

My subject is Colon, not Buehrle. That's my choice. The question on if he shows up is raised every time he pitches, in my mind, mostly based on his history right here, in Chicago. 13-12. And it is backed up with his history here as well as when he pitched against us.

If you wish to attack me or my words, same thing on a message board, I will defend myself. You accused me of trying to 'start something' when I hadn't. Then you decided to run with it. Did you expect me to just lay down because you showed up?

Then go back and read the initial post, not the replies that I make to the idiots who can't comprehend what they read.

My subject is Colon, not Buehrle. That's my choice. The question on if he shows up is raised every time he pitches, in my mind, mostly based on his history right here, in Chicago. 13-12. And it is backed up with his history here as well as when he pitched against us.

If you wish to attack me or my words, same thing on a message board, I will defend myself. You accused me of trying to 'start something' when I hadn't. Then you decided to run with it. Did you expect me to just lay down because you showed up?

EVERYONE thinks youre an idiot, but you still think you are right? That is comical. :lol: Talk about blind. Me thinks we have someone attention starved.

What did I run with? I pointed out the redundancy of your post and for the reaction it gets. Then you pointed out that I am an imature kid that has never been in contact with Chicago? Then you went on to compare your posting to my thoughts on Buerhle. I clearly understand your post as I show up daily for a majority of the day. Your question can be raised of everyone. Why is Thomas hitting .260? Konerko? Buerhle? Koch? Gordon? Everyone. This is not my point, my point was simply to ask why you feel you need to beat us over the head with your feelings of Bartolo Colon, nothing more, nothing less. You "ran with my statement of starting something, I was pointing a fact based on the reaction your posts get, that is all. Then you attack me. Enjoy your day.

Guest Ncorgbl
EVERYONE thinks youre an idiot, but you still think you are right? That is comical. :lol: Talk about blind.  Me thinks we have someone attention starved.

From what I've read everyone thinks you're the idiot. You even make posts in a defensive posture, apologizing. You attack everyone and stoop to name calling as your first means of argument along with the vulgarities. I'd say you're pretty much a pussy around here.

Guest Ncorgbl
What did I run with?  I pointed out the redundancy of your post and for the reaction it gets.  Then you pointed out that I am an imature kid that has never been in contact with Chicago?  Then you went on to compare your posting to my thoughts on Buerhle.  I clearly understand your post as I show up daily for a majority of the day.  Your question can be raised of everyone.  Why is Thomas hitting .260?  Konerko? Buerhle? Koch? Gordon? Everyone.  This is not my point, my point was simply to ask why you feel you need to beat us over the head with your feelings of Bartolo Colon, nothing more, nothing less.  You "ran with my statement of starting something, I was pointing a fact based on the reaction your posts get, that is all.  Then you attack me.  Enjoy your day.

How many circles do you wish to go around in? You ran with your opinion that I shove this up people's ass. I answered you. Nothing's changed.

I post what intrests me, just as you and everyone else posts what interests them. Again, why is it different for me than for you?

Screw your day.

I can comprehend what I read, but I don't understand where you get this from:

"And it is backed up with his history here as well as when he pitched against us."

In his career vs. the White Sox, here are Colon's numbers:

7-5

4.85 ERA

1.47 WHIP

Opp batting avg: .276

6.5 k's per start

11 hr's in 14 starts

What is so great about his history against us? And please don't call me puppy or puddles(i'm not claiming you've already done so), it's kind of creepy.

Guest Ncorgbl

"And it is backed up with his history here as well as when he pitched against us."

7-5

4.85 ERA

1.47 WHIP

6.5 k's per start

11 hr's in 14 starts

What is so great about his history against us?  And please don't call me puppy or puddles(i'm not claiming you've already done so), it's kind of creepy.

OK, I'll play.

Tub O' Goo's history here? 13-12, QUIT after 97 pitches (got tired) in his cUB game.

Tub O' Goo's history against us? Your number, 7 wins.

Which part of that is so tough?

7-5

4.85 ERA

1.47 WHIP

6.5 k's per start

11 hr's in 14 starts

What is so great about his history against us?  And please don't call me puppy or puddles(i'm not claiming you've already done so), it's kind of creepy.

OK, I'll play.

Tub O' Goo's history here? 13-12, QUIT after 97 pitches (got tired) in his cUB game.

That Colon "quit" that day is somewhat speculative, and if he didn't feel like he could give the team enough to win the game, then I have no problem with him admitting he was tired, especially considering it was the 6th? 7th? 8th? inning of that game. I'd rather that than have him be shot, and convince JM to leave him in to give up 6 runs.

Wins are the pitchers stat that the individual has the LEAST amount of control over. He has 7 wins against us, helped ENORMOUSLY by the fact that he was playing for superior Indians teams at the time. Surely, if he were on the Tigers during that span, his record would have been much worse given the rest of his line.

I've yet to hear any convincing argument(or even an attempt at one) as to why one should consider wins so important to a pitcher's performance that you should overlook all of the other, more directly applicable statistics.

OK, I'll play.

Yes, he has 7 wins but against 5 losses, not exactly a great win percentage. And he didn't quit against the Cubs. He told Manuel to have someone ready in the bullpen in case he got into trouble. This was because of the San Fransisco game in which Colon ran out of gas and gave up 5 runs in the 9th because manuel had no one up in the bullpen.

Guest Ncorgbl
That Colon "quit" that day is somewhat speculative, and if he didn't feel like he could give the team enough to win the game, then I have no problem with him admitting he was tired, especially considering it was the 6th? 7th? 8th? inning of that game.  I'd rather that than have him be shot, and convince JM to leave him in to give up 6 runs.

Wins are the pitchers stat that the individual has the LEAST amount of control over.  He has 7 wins against us, helped ENORMOUSLY by the fact that he was playing for superior Indians teams at the time.  Surely, if he were on the Tigers during that span, his record would have been much worse given the rest of his line.

I've yet to hear any convincing argument(or even an attempt at one) as to why one should consider wins so important to a pitcher's performance that you should overlook all of the other, more directly applicable statistics.

I'm not here to convince you, nor anyone else of anyhing. Where'd you get that silly idea?

'Speculative'? Uh, yea, that's why I said it was my opinion.

'Wins'. GooBoy was brought here to win. Pitchers are judged by wins, last I looked. Cy Young recipients get it by getting Wins. 20 game Win seasons are a goal of most pitchers. 20 game Win seasons get the pitcher multi million dollar contracts. The team with the most wins is given first place, last I checked. And the teams with the most Wins at the end of the season go to the playoffs. In the playoffs teams with the most Wins advance, and the one with the most wins in the playoffs is called the 'World Series Champion'.

Did they change something? Or were you talking about something other than baseball?

I'm not here to convince you, nor anyone else of anyhing. Where'd you get that silly idea?

'Wins'. GooBoy was brought here to win. Pitchers are judged by wins, last I looked. Cy Young recipients get it by getting Wins. 20 game Win seasons are a goal of most pitchers. 20 game Win seasons get the pitcher multi million dollar contracts. The team with the most wins is given first place, last I checked. And the teams with the most Wins at the end of the season go to the playoffs. In the playoffs teams with the most Wins advance, and the one with the most wins in the playoffs is called the 'World Series Champion'.

Did they change something? Or were you talking about something other than baseball?

So according to your theory that wins are the most important stat for a pitcher, your feel that Jaime Moyer and Andy Pettite are having better years than Tim Hudson or Pedro Martinez?

Bart's given the White Sox a chance to win almost everytime he has gone out there . He got rocked in Texas, got rocked another time when he warmed up 3 times and JM still used him, got rock another rain delayed game where he had already warmed up, he was also rocked against SF after pitching a gem for 8 innings. If the Sox had a manager with a clue, and an offense that was at least average the first half he'd be battling Esteban for the CY Young. Of course, if the offense I am calling for was there for Esteban the first half he might have 24 or 25 wins. Bartolo also has 7 complete games which is one off his career high set last season. No matter what anyone writes, the gentleman is not going to change his mind about Bartolo, so responding is an exercise in futility. Just get ready for his next Tub of Goo thread Bart's next start.

That Colon "quit" that day is somewhat speculative, and if he didn't feel like he could give the team enough to win the game, then I have no problem with him admitting he was tired, especially considering it was the 6th? 7th? 8th? inning of that game.  I'd rather that than have him be shot, and convince JM to leave him in to give up 6 runs.

Wins are the pitchers stat that the individual has the LEAST amount of control over.  He has 7 wins against us, helped ENORMOUSLY by the fact that he was playing for superior Indians teams at the time.  Surely, if he were on the Tigers during that span, his record would have been much worse given the rest of his line.

Look at the most wins Kerry Wood has ever had in a year and his career numbers. He will be going into the offseason asking for the same money as Colon and I believe he has never won more games than Danny Wright did last year. What was Chan Ho Park's record before he got $12M/year from the Rangers? Nolan Ryan was barely over .500 for his career. Steve Carlton lost 20 games in a season. Esteban Loiza should have over 20 wins this year why doesn't he, yet?

Guest Ncorgbl

So according to your theory that wins are the most important stat for a pitcher, your feel that Jaime Moyer and Andy Pettite are having better years than Tim Hudson or Pedro Martinez?

Theory? Are the games played to win, or to say 'we did good, just wait until next year' ?