Rodon getting skipped

southsider2k5

Lovely...more Noesi or Carroll starts.

Oh, well.

They need to get that fastball control and his change-up going. There's no argument about that. Maybe taking a breather and step back for a week will help, but he's such a competitor I'm sure it won't be easy for him to watch from the sidelines.

One concern...not having any type of regular routine or structure/defined role might be counter-productive when all is said and done.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 22, 2015 -> 03:48 PM)
Makes sense, we all knew this would be happening during the year. Better than just shutting him down in August

On the other hand, it's another May or June game likelier to be a loss...leading to no opportunity for meaningful games in August or September.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 22, 2015 -> 05:48 PM)
Makes sense, we all knew this would be happening during the year. Better than just shutting him down in August

Seems surprisingly fast. In the bullpen for a couple weeks, gets like 5 innings, gets 3 starts, goes long in 2 of them and short in the middle one, and then skipped. 3 starts then a skip is surprisingly fast to me.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2015 -> 04:51 PM)
How they expect him to get into any sort of rhythm or comfort zone is beyond me at this point.

This year is a learning experience. Missing a game or two is unlikely to have an impact on his long term potential. Ruining his arm on the other hand...

Actually wait a second, the double header is next week right? So if Rodon is skipped on Monday, he's on extra rest when the DH happens, and they can use their top-6 starters next week with the guy they call up in the bullpen rather than doing an emergency start?

That actually...kinda would make some sense. Save Rodon for the DH in Baltimore, start Noesi beforehand and then you aren't forced into a situation where Beck *must* take a start.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2015 -> 04:29 PM)
Lovely...more Noesi or Carroll starts.

Oh, well.

They need to get that fastball control and his change-up going. There's no argument about that. Maybe taking a breather and step back for a week will help, but he's such a competitor I'm sure it won't be easy for him to watch from the sidelines.

One concern...not having any type of regular routine or structure/defined role might be counter-productive when all is said and done.

Pitching too many innings would be more counter-productive.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 22, 2015 -> 04:50 PM)
On the other hand, it's another May or June game likelier to be a loss...leading to no opportunity for meaningful games in August or September.

Whether the Sox lose this game in May, June, August or whenever doesn't matter. He only has so many bullets this year.

No biggie. I wish they'd send him down. It's like he's on the team, but really isn't. He hasn't been overly impressive, either. His stuff hasn't been explosive by any stretch. I despise Noesi and am not a Carroll fan, but can't we pick up a Chen type off the scrap heap and have him be No. 5 this year. SEND RODON DOWN for proper seasoning.