5/24 Sox vs Twins

flavum

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2015 -> 09:19 PM)
Fathom, you can't 'go for it' with a defense this putrid. They aren't winning anything and I would think they'll FINALLY figure out you have to catch the ball and throw the ball and start to rebuild.

Defense will look much better if you bring in new catcher and 3b. I also think Anderson will wind up at 2b.

Q and Sale should be split in the rotation- I don't know why they aren't. And I know it's not Carroll's fault, but none of the guys in Charlotte are better than him?

The problem with this org in trading is that they refuse to sell high. They got a gift last year with the 32 yo SS off of a near career year and they refused to pull the trigger.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2015 -> 04:21 PM)
I thought he was pretty good except for his sloth-like game on defense.

Last year at this time, Jose had hit 15 home runs and had missed time due to a foot injury. Aside from that injury he was basically putting up a .975 OPS.

This year, Jose has 7 home runs, has not hit the DL, and has about an .825 OPS.

Jose Abreu's offense right now is a massive disappointment, and his defense seems worse than it was the 2nd half of last year.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 24, 2015 -> 03:22 PM)
Q and Sale should be split in the rotation- I don't know why they aren't. And I know it's not Carroll's fault, but none of the guys in Charlotte are better than him?

The problem with this org in trading is that they refuse to sell high. They got a gift last year with the 32 yo SS off of a near career year and they refused to pull the trigger.

White sox and bulls seem eerily simlar n this regard. The constant being...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2015 -> 03:25 PM)
Last year at this time, Jose had hit 15 home runs and had missed time due to a foot injury. Aside from that injury he was basically putting up a .975 OPS.

This year, Jose has 7 home runs, has not hit the DL, and has about an .825 OPS.

Jose Abreu's offense right now is a massive disappointment, and his defense seems worse than it was the 2nd half of last year.

He hasn't been that disappointing, his 2014 numbers weren't sustainable.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 24, 2015 -> 04:33 PM)
He hasn't been that disappointing, his 2014 numbers weren't sustainable.

If "Jose Abreu's 2014 wasn't sustainable" then the entire offseason plan was complete foolishness. The one thing that made a decent case to me for "spending $50 million and trading for a guy on a 1 year deal" was "we don't want to waste Abreu and Sale being this good". If Abreu wasnt' that good then there's nothing to waste.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2015 -> 03:37 PM)
If "Jose Abreu's 2014 wasn't sustainable" then the entire offseason plan was complete foolishness. The one thing that made a decent case to me for "spending $50 million and trading for a guy on a 1 year deal" was "we don't want to waste Abreu and Sale being this good". If Abreu wasnt' that good then there's nothing to waste.

Well every recent Cuban player seemed to level out after the first hot season, so I hope they took into account some regression.

That being said, this version of Abreu could be enough but zero starting pitchers have an ERA under 4, the leadoff hitter can't get on base, and the two big offensive FA acquisitions aren't hitting. That and defense.