5/24 Sox vs Twins

flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ May 24, 2015 -> 01:47 PM)
Soto hit very well on Friday. Why not give him another chance today? I will never understand the love the org has for Flowers.

He had a good start and a good finish last year, with a big doughnut hole in the middle. I think they were hoping for better consistency, and again, the pitchers say they like throwing to him. That said, enough is enough with that guy. They can do better with a Soto/Kottaras platoon at this point, while they try to find a replacement.

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 24, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
I think if Soto got the majority of the starts he would be able to get in a groove and hit a lot better than Flowers

I have no idea what makes people look at Soto's numbers for the past half decade and think "oh this guy's a legit contributor and a candidate starter".

QUOTE (Condor13 @ May 24, 2015 -> 01:49 PM)
Kevan Smith seems to be the main starter in AAA. I personally like the way Soto can swing the bat, especially if he gets more then 6 abs a week.

That's fine too, but I've never really seen Smith play. Anything but Flowers. He's terrible.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 24, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
I have no idea what makes people look at Soto's numbers for the past half decade and think "oh this guy's a legit contributor and a candidate starter".

I think we are saying he is probably better than Flowers. That is it.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 24, 2015 -> 12:50 PM)
He had a good start and a good finish last year, with a big doughnut hole in the middle. I think they were hoping for better consistency, and again, the pitchers say they like throwing to him. That said, enough is enough with that guy. They can do better with a Soto/Kottaras platoon at this point, while they try to find a replacement.

We might give up 200+ stolen bases with Soto catching.