Midseason Additions

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 11:13 AM)
i don't know, but if i am going to use my assets, esp in the minors, i would look at catchers and / 3 b man from a team.

fixing that hole now will be thru FA's.

You can bet your inheritance that this is 1 and 1A on Rick's list.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:15 PM)
You can bet your inheritance that this is 1 and 1A on Rick's list.

since i am an old fart, and i don't have one coming, can i still think it???

i was looking at teams who may need some players / prospects for a rebuild. but the only team i can see who can be a fit is Col.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 11:27 AM)
since i am an old fart, and i don't have one coming, can i still think it???

i was looking at teams who may need some players / prospects for a rebuild. but the only team i can see who can be a fit is Col.

I listed some names last week.

Lucroy and Ramirez from Milwaukee

Zobrist from Oakland

Possibly Prado from Miami

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)
I listed some names last week.

Lucroy and Ramirez from Milwaukee

Zobrist from Oakland

Possibly Prado from Miami

zobrist will be a long contract to swallow and then the cost is too much.

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 06:26 PM)
More if needed..I will say I'm not an Anderson believer so yes for whom I believe to be the best catcher in baseball in Lucroy

wow, i was being a little snarky but i guess you may be right. that would really put the sox in a bind.

then the domino effect. nhl draft. the sox draft ss-maritn or ss-newman.

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 01:26 PM)
More if needed..I will say I'm not an Anderson believer so yes for whom I believe to be the best catcher in baseball in Lucroy

Montas, Hawkins and Davidson would probably be the highest I'd go/still be comfortable giving. Maybe throw in Sanburn or another reliever type arm.

I just want to hold onto Danish, Anderson and Adams as badly as possible.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 02:46 PM)
Montas, Hawkins and Davidson would probably be the highest I'd go/still be comfortable giving. Maybe throw in Sanburn or another reliever type arm.

That seems like a very weak package for a solid player. Decent chance there's not a major leaguer amongst that package.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)

That won't be nearly enough to get it done, but it could be a blessing in disguise. As good as Lucroy is (and I'm a big fan), he'll be a 30 year old catcher next year who has started to catch the injury bug. Seems like a good candidate to start being worse.

Good contract, though.

Edited by Eminor3rd

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 12:31 PM)
wow, i was being a little snarky but i guess you may be right. that would really put the sox in a bind.

then the domino effect. nhl draft. the sox draft ss-maritn or ss-newman.

If you believe Anderson will become a top 5 SS yes it would put the sox in an awkward bind, but I don't. I also think Lucroy would make our pitching staff better an his hitting is pretty good as well. He's still in his prime so we'd have a decent catcher for at least a few years baring injury. It's a pipe dream at best but a move I would make if I could an just my 2 cents.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 07:51 PM)
That won't be nearly enough to get it done, but it could be a blessing in disguise. As good as Lucroy is (and I'm a big fan), he'll be a 30 year old catcher next year who has started to catch the injury bug. Seems like a good candidate to start being worse.

Good contract, though.

i just don't know, the big payment to get him for only 2 1/2 yrs. while i do like the idea, i think it is too much to pay.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)

Adams is one I would keep. I just think he's gonna be a really good pitcher for us

QUOTE (AlSoxfan @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
If you believe Anderson will become a top 5 SS yes it would put the sox in an awkward bind, but I don't. I also think Lucroy would make our pitching staff better an his hitting is pretty good as well. He's still in his prime so we'd have a decent catcher for at least a few years baring injury. It's a pipe dream at best but a move I would make if I could an just my 2 cents.

nah i was mentioning that if anderson is in the package, i have no faith in Tyler Saladino, so that position will needed to be address and the only way to do it quickly is mlb draft. Martin is really good defenselessly but his bat is questionable. for a yr or 2 martin or newman can then take over ss.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
nah i was mentioning that if anderson is in the package, i have no faith in Tyler Saladino, so that position will needed to be address and the only way to do it quickly is mlb draft. Martin is really good defenselessly but his bat is questionable. for a yr or 2 martin or newman can then take over ss.

If you're drafting a SS and thinking "he'll take over the big league position in 1-2 years" and making trades based on that, you're out of your mind.