GAME THREAD 5/26: SOX @ TOR

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:28 AM)
This will be a 1-9 trip. I can just see it now.

The 1-9, 0-10 disastrous stinker of a trip usually is that one out East in September or late August, right? I tell you, it's not easy being closer. I can think of two games Robertson has blown. He's been unhittable in so many others. But he blows a couple more and he'll be considered average at best in some circles. Remember when Reed blew an occasional save and people wanted his head on a platter?

I won't rip Robertson as he's been great, but my point is a closer can turn into a mediocre closer after 4-5 blown saves.

Horrible loss, BTW. I didn't watch the game. Hopefully the hitters took some pitches and hit to the opposite field and are starting to get it rather than pulling everything and getting lucky when the other team isn't in a shift. Did the hitters have a clue tonight? Opp field liners?

Edited by greg775

the worse thing we can do is panic and start selling off the team. The season is still young and even if we don't get into the playoffs this season we have a good solid group of talented players for the future

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:19 AM)
the worse thing we can do is panic and start selling off the team. The season is still young and even if we don't get into the playoffs this season we have a good solid group of talented players for the future

Disagree on all counts. The only way I would give this unit a chance and not trade everybody but Sale/Abreu is if the Sox fire Ventura and we see if this crew actually can play ball better under a new manager. If the interim is somebody like Buddy Bell or Cooper, however, scratch that. Those guys would be just as ineffective as Robin IMO.

I'm a little surprised you think this crew can get the job done, el rockin.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 27, 2015 -> 04:19 AM)

That's why you see if anyone wants Samardzija, assuming you know how much he wants in free agency. Alexei is another person that could be moved.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:22 AM)
That's why you see if anyone wants Samardzija, assuming you know how much he wants in free agency. Alexei is another person that could be moved.

I wish they'd leak the info to national baseball writers which guys are available and start the ball rolling. A team is going to want to get as much as it can out of Shark cause he will not be worth the kind of cash he's going to ask for as a free agent. He's a rental for whomever gets him, so if we want to get a haul for him the trade must be soon. Nobody's gonna give us 3 great prospects for Shark in August. In May? Maybe.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2015 -> 10:32 PM)
This is up there with the worst, most uniformed posts of all time.

We have had a lot of those lately..........