GAME THREAD 5/26: SOX @ TOR

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GREEDY @ May 27, 2015 -> 03:02 AM)
Bringing in Zach Duke to face:

Colabello, Valencia & Pillar

is a FIREABLE OFFENSE

I cannot believe my eyes.

Huge splits between Duke's lefty/righty performance. Thankfully they were positioned well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2015 -> 09:07 PM)
.809 OPS against Righties, .510 OPS against lefties coming in. That's some pretty major splits.

I guess sample size doesn't count anymore. But the reason they gave him $15 million was he was able to get guys out from both sides.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2015 -> 09:06 PM)
Duke isn't a LOOGY.

Says you and robin.

Not to mention Valencia is the most extreme split woba hitter in baseball. I didn't look but I'd bet Colabello and Pillar aren't far behind.

Horrific bullpen management.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2015 -> 10:10 PM)
I guess sample size doesn't count anymore. But the reason they gave him $15 million was he was able to get guys out from both sides.

You're right....about 2014, where both righties and lefties had sub-.600 OPS against him. In 2015 so far, that's not who he is.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ May 26, 2015 -> 09:11 PM)
Says you and robin.

Not to mention Valencia is the most extreme split woba hitter in baseball. I didn't look but I'd bet Colabello and Pillar aren't far behind.

Horrific bullpen management.

Sox lead 9-7. 0 runs scored. Duke doesn't face many lefties.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 26, 2015 -> 09:13 PM)
You're right....about 2014, where both righties and lefties had sub-.600 OPS against him. In 2015 so far, that's not who he is.

Right and he hardly faces LH hitters. The Sox are winning 9-7 but the whining continues. Why do you pay attention to gsmes if winning doesn't even make you happy?

If he brought in Putnam and he gave up runs, the complaining would be about that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 26, 2015 -> 09:15 PM)
The Sox are winning 9-7 but the whining continues. Why do you pay attention to gsmes if winning doesn't even make you happy?

So, we can complain about bringing in a LHP to face Valencia only if the Sox are losing?