White Sox vs Orioles Game 1

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
He's hit the ball pretty hard this year. He is showing a lot more value than most thought.

Yep. His line drive percentage is 27% this year. Far and away the best he's ever had. Combine that with just a 13.7% strikeout rate and really he's probably been cheated a little bit by just having a .264 BABIP.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ May 28, 2015 -> 02:47 PM)
I still think I would rather have Micah up here. Hope his defense is coming along in AAA

If neither is going to hit, give me Sanchez, because he will catch the ball. Once Johnson starts to hit, we can talk. Johnson's got the higher ceiling for sure, and eventually it will be his job.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 28, 2015 -> 03:55 PM)
Petricka? Eh...not sure about this.

Unfortunatley I'd probably agree he's the best option out there right now if Robertson can't go.

Although...Robertson going for one batter would actually be something I was ok with. Petricka has worked just about as much as Robertson the last 2 days.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2015 -> 02:55 PM)
If neither is going to hit, give me Sanchez, because he will catch the ball. Once Johnson starts to hit, we can talk. Johnson's got the higher ceiling for sure, and eventually it will be his job.

It's not like Micah wasn't getting on base and getting some hits (.270 avg, .333 obp

QUOTE (harkness @ May 28, 2015 -> 02:58 PM)
Chris Davis hitting 300 against LHP but now lets go get the righty!

In 33 ABs this year. Not a large sample size. His career OPS is 100 points less against lefties. Not every Robin Ventura move needs to be criticized especially in this case when it was probably the right call to stay with Duke. Sometimes a player just beats you. That's baseball.

QUOTE (harkness @ May 28, 2015 -> 07:58 PM)
Chris Davis hitting 300 against LHP but now lets go get the righty!

Leaving Duke in was fine IMO. It's not like Petricka is great. Glad Petricka got the save, though.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ May 28, 2015 -> 03:00 PM)
In 33 ABs this year. Not a large sample size. His career OPS is 100 points less against lefties. Not every Robin Ventura move needs to be criticized especially in this case when it was probably the right call to stay with Duke. Sometimes a player just beats you. That's baseball.

Exactly and even if he homers, the Sox still lead. Try to avoid sending in another pitcher if you can. And there is no manager in baseball that would lift a lefty for a righty to face Chris Davis.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ May 28, 2015 -> 03:01 PM)
A lot of people on here seem to complain about him being on the team but every time he plays it seems like hes on base frequently.

In the 5 starts he has made for Garcia in the last week he is 9-20, 2BB, 2SB, 1 2B. His average has gone from .231 to .295 during that time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 28, 2015 -> 03:05 PM)
In the 5 starts he has made for Garcia in the last week he is 9-20, 2BB, 2SB, 1 2B. His average has gone from .231 to .295 during that time.

Pretty dam good