Dan Webb is up at 26th man

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 28, 2015 -> 10:51 AM)
Well, in the 2 innings before that, he allowed 5 runs. What's your point?

He's just not very good. He'll eat innings, sure, but he's not that good.

And the 4 runs he allowed in the first were compliments of Alexei. I don't know what you expect out of a 5th starter, but it apparently is an ERA below 1.00. The guy had not started a game in a couple of weeks and actually did pretty well.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 28, 2015 -> 10:53 AM)
And the 4 runs he allowed in the first were compliments of Alexei. I don't know what you expect out of a 5th starter, but it apparently is an ERA below 1.00. The guy had not started a game in a couple of weeks and actually did pretty well.

I didn't see the game, I'm just looking at the box score. If those runs were compliments of Alexei, then why are all 5 of his runs earned? Wouldn't he be charged with 5 runs, 4 unearned and 1 earned if Alexei was to blame?

Edited by Mike F.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 28, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)
I didn't see the game, I'm just looking at the box score. If those runs were compliments of Alexei, then why are all 5 of his runs earned? Wouldn't he be charged with 5 runs, 4 unearned and 1 earned if Alexei was to blame?

Alexei spun around and failed to step on 2nd for a DP. He did throw the guy out at 1st. But since there was an out, there is no error. The inning would have been over with no runs. Then what typically happens when something goes awry this year happened, and 4 runs were on the board.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ May 28, 2015 -> 10:56 AM)

Perfect double play ball, Alexei missed tagging second because he did a pirouette as he threw to first. You can't assume a double play so there was no error awarded.