GT 5/29: White Sox (21-25) vs. Astros (30-18)

Combined strikeouts by starting pitchers  

24 members have voted

1. 1. O/U: 13.5

• Over
    • Under

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 30, 2015 -> 03:12 AM)
Basically...this season continues like this, either the GM or the coaching staff should fall on their sword. I won't complain about either, I won't complain about both, but someone f***ed up seriously.

It's obviously the players fault so far, but with a significant number of them under contract for next year with the Sox, hopefully something changes.

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 29, 2015 -> 10:11 PM)
I don't mind it with him. Look at his recovery last year. I posted that I heard he was coming back and he was right there. Guy is an animal. Transformed his body in the offseason too. We need dedication like that.

Dedication is overrated if a player's performance is seriously hampered by the injury, see Paul Konerko in 2012. That just hurts the team

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 29, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
And this organization has proven they listen more to the player than to the doctor, at least with position players

Man you're so right. How they've earned such praise for the health of their players boggles the mind

QUOTE (fathom @ May 29, 2015 -> 11:14 PM)
It's obviously the players fault so far, but with a significant number of them under contract for next year with the Sox, hopefully something changes.

So the GM did a terrible job of picking players given the money spent. I'm ok with that. Ventura stays, Hahn is replaced.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 29, 2015 -> 10:14 PM)
Dedication is overrated if a player's performance is seriously hampered by the injury, see Paul Konerko in 2012. That just hurts the team

Agreed but look at what he's turned himself into. And his upside is tremendous.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 29, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
Agreed but look at what he's turned himself into. And his upside is tremendous.

And that's why its important to have a manager who is smart and strong enough to say "no" when it's actually for the good of the player. He will play himself to the point where a minor injury becomes a severe injury unless the manager says no.

Sox are playing pretty good baseball again despite the hitting woes. I tell you, it's got to be something about the Central Division. Sox are putrid in divisional games but look like a much crisper team outside the division. I don't get it.

That said, hard to imagine a victory tonight with the anemic attack. Somebody's got to get hold of one (Becks again?) and the pure odds do not suggest that happening.