KW: play is "embarassing" but team can still win ALC

southsider2k5

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KW really needs to go away IMO, and (obviously based on my avatar) I used to be a pretty big fan but this:

He was instrumental in bringing in Vince Coleman as a coach to improve the baserunning, but that has also been an eyesore.

isn't a good look. The Sox are dead last in baserunning and his hand picked coach is at the head of it all. Not good. Probably should have just stuck with whatever the hell they were doing previously.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:43 PM)
thanks ss2k5 for this.

but i am a little confuse, i think many posters feels as KW is the reason the sox are in this state. so ..... why let him make this announcement????

Presumably this being a sun times article means that KW still gives interviews and answers questions as a representative of the front office. I'd say more but I'm not allowed to read the article.

If that's the case, it does raise the question of why he's speaking for the front office or giving interviews as a team rep when that's actually the GMs job now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 08:49 PM)
Presumably this being a sun times article means that KW still gives interviews and answers questions as a representative of the front office. I'd say more but I'm not allowed to read the article.

If that's the case, it does raise the question of why he's speaking for the front office or giving interviews as a team rep when that's actually the GMs job now.

thank you, i was wondering that myself, but considering my track record today of having my head up my arse, i really was avoiding that. :lol:

but seriously, would that be Hahn's job, i thought KW was special adv to JR???

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 03:43 PM)
thanks ss2k5 for this.

but i am a little confuse, i think many posters feels as KW is the reason the sox are in this state. so ..... why let him make this announcement????

Because the White Sox could care less what Soxtalk.com thinks, and rightfully so. Anyone who would run their franchise simply off of fan sentiment would be out of a job in a heartbeat.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
Because the White Sox could care less what Soxtalk.com thinks, and rightfully so. Anyone who would run their franchise simply off of fan sentiment would be out of a job in a heartbeat.

true, but i am talking about job descriptions. this kind of statement usually comes from the GM which according to what i am lead to believe is Hahn.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 03:59 PM)
true, but i am talking about job descriptions. this kind of statement usually comes from the GM which according to what i am lead to believe is Hahn.

That's funny. I hear Theo Epstein talk to the media all of the time.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 09:00 PM)
That's funny. I hear Theo Epstein talk to the media all of the time.

the sox only follow their own thought processes.

JR in a season ticket holder clubhouse meeting. when asked why they are not like every other team in hiring outside the org for upper management.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)

If KW and other upper staff at 35th and Shields did listen to soxtalk poster I think we might not even be playing baseball anymore. We seem to hate on players every game and want them gone. LOL I don't see why folks don't understand that decisions aren't made in a vacuum and it's truly a team effort on the field and off

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 03:49 PM)

Meet the new boss same as the old boss.............KW is involved in every decision going on a daily basis. Nothing has changed, but the name plates on the office doors.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 09:09 PM)
If KW and other upper staff at 35th and Shields did listen to soxtalk poster I think we might not even be playing baseball anymore. We seem to hate on players every game and want them gone. LOL I don't see why folks don't understand that decisions aren't made in a vacuum and it's truly a team effort on the field and off

are you saying the poster on soxtalk are wrong..... the nerve. :angry:

I am honestly puzzled as to why Hahn would stick around if this is the arrangement. It really seemed he was the "hot candidate" back in 2012 and could have had a GM job at a handful of places not named Chicago and not with KW hanging over his head like an overzealous parent.

Maybe he's making bank.

I'm always amused by the extreme takes on this. Hahn taking the GM job and KW moving to the Prez job was just one step in a transition process. Hahn has more and more room to do it his way, but KW is certainly still involved. And I'm sure KW has a hard time letting some of it go. It isn't all Hahn, or all KW - it never works that way in any business, nor should it, really.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:39 PM)
He would have never have taken the job if he were afraid of KW's influence. He worked with/for the guy for ten years before he got promoted. He was well aware of who his boss, or "overzealous parent" as you put, was going to be. Just out of curiosity where do you get this information that KW is constricting Hahn and do you hold the relationship between Hoyer-Epstein to those those same constraints?

It's always underestimated how nice it is for Hahn that he works where he is from for the team he grew up rooting for. He also has a young kid growing up. I am sure he feels he owes it to JR who gave him the chance to become what he is.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:39 PM)
I'm always amused by the extreme takes on this. Hahn taking the GM job and KW moving to the Prez job was just one step in a transition process. Hahn has more and more room to do it his way, but KW is certainly still involved. And I'm sure KW has a hard time letting some of it go. It isn't all Hahn, or all KW - it never works that way in any business, nor should it, really.

I am glad I am not the only one who sees some reality in this set up.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 09:39 PM)

i like what you wrote.

1. it was just bad timing on the topic, considering KW was the main reason it is like that.

2. i still find in unnerving that KW will not let Hahn do it all.

unless something is amiss.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:32 PM)
I am honestly puzzled as to why Hahn would stick around if this is the arrangement. It really seemed he was the "hot candidate" back in 2012 and could have had a GM job at a handful of places not named Chicago and not with KW hanging over his head like an overzealous parent.

Maybe he's making bank.

October 31 2012

There is debate about how much autonomy Hahn will have going forward. He inherits the exact same substructure he was a part of as assistant GM, and Williams is still lurking down the hall. In the team's press release announcement, Reinsdorf said, "Kenny raised the idea of promoting Rick several years ago, and we all have agreed that this is the right time to increase the scope and range of Kenny's involvement while he continues to maintain oversight and final approval on major baseball decisions."

On the same topic, Williams said, "The way I look at it is it's Rick's decision until it's not. And when it's not, we have to get in, we have to hammer it out.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 1, 2015 -> 04:47 PM)
i like what you wrote.

1. it was just bad timing on the topic, considering KW was the main reason it is like that.

2. i still find in unnerving that KW will not let Hahn do it all.

unless something is amiss.

Who is able to "do it all" as a GM?