6/2 games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 10:41 PM)
Junior Guerra to the bullpen?

Send him put and let him start.

Send Rodon down to learn the changeup.

What? After his last start? Call up a journey man for the future ace-2 of this staff. No thanks.

A lot of you are biting into this Guerra hype, just like a lot of you were biting on Wilkins' hype last year.

Writing the recap now, but I don't want to write it there, so I'll put this here...

Paging PTATC (bat signal, lol)...

I am a former EMT. The first thought I have after watching that May/Anderson collision on video is... why in the hell was Jacob May allowed to stand up, and be carried off like that, when he so obviously had a head/neck injury? Our protocol on these things was simple. If we suspected a head or C-Spine injury, it was 1) loose traction, then 2) neck brace or board brace, then 3) back board or KED board, and onto a stretcher to go. None of that was done. Why?

QUOTE (Sox Fan In Husker Land @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
Spencer Adams last 3 starts: 17 2/3 IP, 14 H, 4 BB, 13 K, 2 R, 1 HR. 1.02 ERA, 1.02 WHIP. Not bad for a 19 year old in A ball.

oh yes..... talk about the surprise of last yr draft in yrs to come. i have my opinion of what number in the rotation he will be, i know i am biased.

but again, what are your opinion?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
Recap posted, with links to video and news story on the collision, and other information I could scrape together on it.

great work and nice find on the video.

too bad on may, esp when it appears to putting it all together.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 08:18 AM)
Writing the recap now, but I don't want to write it there, so I'll put this here...

Paging PTATC (bat signal, lol)...

I am a former EMT. The first thought I have after watching that May/Anderson collision on video is... why in the hell was Jacob May allowed to stand up, and be carried off like that, when he so obviously had a head/neck injury? Our protocol on these things was simple. If we suspected a head or C-Spine injury, it was 1) loose traction, then 2) neck brace or board brace, then 3) back board or KED board, and onto a stretcher to go. None of that was done. Why?

He was cleared by the physician on the field. In your case an EMT is not qualified to examine and clear for neuro or fracture type injuries. If the physician wasn't there to clear him they probably would have followed the protocol you described.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
He was cleared by the physician on the field. In your case an EMT is not qualified to examine and clear for neuro or fracture type injuries. If the physician wasn't there to clear him they probably would have followed the protocol you described.

Ah, makes sense. Thanks. Still though, I'm a little surprised they let him try to wobble off, and get carried like that, in his state. I can understand not putting him on a board, with what you described.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 12:01 PM)
Ah, makes sense. Thanks. Still though, I'm a little surprised they let him try to wobble off, and get carried like that, in his state. I can understand not putting him on a board, with what you described.

I've never been to that stadium but many MiLB ballparks don't have carts so that really is the best way to get him off the field.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 3, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
I've never been to that stadium but many MiLB ballparks don't have carts so that really is the best way to get him off the field.

It's a relatively new ballpark, AA level, should be pretty high end. But I don't know either. Could use a stretcher, which would be in the back of the bus that I'm sure is parked nearby for games. Or even a trail stretcher if they had one.

Anyway, thanks for the insight, appreciated.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 2, 2015 -> 11:24 PM)
What? After his last start? Call up a journey man for the future ace-2 of this staff. No thanks.

A lot of you are biting into this Guerra hype, just like a lot of you were biting on Wilkins' hype last year.

I think they're completely different. For one thing, trust AAA pitching numbers much more than AAA hitting numbers.

If Rodon's not developing his change, he's not going to be an ace. Thus, Charlotte.