Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:35 AM)
Judge has helium. The Yankees love him. I'd trade Shark for him 1 for 1, but I highly doubt Judge is on the table.

I'd do that 1 for 1 also. In fact, I'd take that over most of the projected Blue Jays packages.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Buehrlesque @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
I'd do that 1 for 1 also. In fact, I'd take that over most of the projected Blue Jays packages.

I agree. Their top pitching prospects all have too many pundits predicting them ending up in the bullpen.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:08 AM)
but this system needs to fix the holes of the system. if the sox are trading, it is get players to fix the team as a rtn.

False, you take the best available package no matter what position they play.

I've seen enough of this stuff. If you are dealing with the Jays, then the conversation starts @ Hoffman and Pent. And I don't budge off of my demands for Hoffman and to be frank, given that it is July 7th, I'm probably not budging off my demands for both of them. Play the leverage game for the time being. And Shark, do your thing and pitch some awesome baseball until you are traded (hopefully you keep pitching good after too!!!)

And yes, I doubt the Jays make the trade I am proposing but with the leverage in place, they absolutely should be able to get at least 1 of those guys plus another good prospect.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:42 PM)
False, you take the best available package no matter what position they play.

you take the bpa in draft.

then you trade for a specific need. if not, then those holes will always be there.

question, to mask the holes the team has, how would it be done??

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:34 AM)
Acevedo is nasty, I've had the chance to watch him (because he plays for the team I work for), though it's admittedly tough to tell how stuff translates to higher levels when you're seeing them throw to Single A hitters.

I think he could be a Montas like guy in a package. Would really be nice to fill in the lower levels with another to shelf arm especially with Fulmer likely moving quickly.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 10:41 AM)
Would you guys trade Shark, Putnam, and Duke for Judge and Sanchez? I would.

I am not really interested in Judge. I think he is too big and that major league pitchers will take a lot more advantage of his expanded strike zone. He is a good player but not one I am taking a chance on to be an impact player. I would rather have the comp pick as that will give the Sox a lot more slot flexibility to get some high level talent in the draft next year and you can spread your risk out over four players rather than just putting all your eggs in the Judge basket.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 12:09 PM)
you take the bpa in draft.

then you trade for a specific need. if not, then those holes will always be there.

question, to mask the holes the team has, how would it be done??

You still take the best package you can get and then you use your excess assets to upgrade your gaps.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
I am not really interested in Judge. I think he is too big and that major league pitchers will take a lot more advantage of his expanded strike zone. He is a good player but not one I am taking a chance on to be an impact player. I would rather have the comp pick as that will give the Sox a lot more slot flexibility to get some high level talent in the draft next year and you can spread your risk out over four players rather than just putting all your eggs in the Judge basket.

You make a good point about the flexibility a comp pick provides, but Judge is putting up a .281/.352/.487 line in AA/AAA right now. That's pretty good, and I'd take it over the uncertain, years-away production of a comp pick who is a risk to ever even get to that level.

Sox seem like they might be in a good spot with shark. Alot of teams needing pitching and with cueto and hamels being better but costing a higher return then most teams are willing to cough up the mid tier pitchers will get more teams going after them. Should be interesting seeing the bidding wars might open up.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 07:34 PM)
You still take the best package you can get and then you use your excess assets to upgrade your gaps.

and that is what the sox are doing. using an asset in a trade for a catcher. in this discussion.

The 2nd wild card is going to help the Sox so much this trading deadline. 20 or so odd teams are gonna think they are in it and with the pitching FA market not looking so hot either the Sox should be able to squeeze at least a couple B level prospects out of someone for Shark. Nothing that's going to help right away most likely but that will be a solid return.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
The Orioles said today that they are looking to upgrade the rotation and pen. Don't really see anything interesting in their farm but if they show interest in Samardzija it could add to others teams upping the ante.

Two words.

Mike.Yastrzemski.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 08:08 PM)
Two words.

Mike.Yastrzemski.

i really am undecided on him. i really like Chance Sisco-catcher.

but i really the sox making any trade with Balt. can you remember any trade with them.

QUOTE (Dunt @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 03:41 PM)
This might get heavy opposition here, but what would people think of Trevor Plouffe for Samardzija?

Why would a team trying to contend trade away one of their starters? Same thing with the Jays and Travis, I am not sure any GM out there is willing to make his lineup worse to get a SP its just robbing Peter to pay Paul.

If I am dealing with the Twins I want a SS (Polanco or Gordon) and Adam Brett Walker.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jul 7, 2015 -> 09:03 PM)
The 2nd wild card is going to help the Sox so much this trading deadline. 20 or so odd teams are gonna think they are in it and with the pitching FA market not looking so hot either the Sox should be able to squeeze at least a couple B level prospects out of someone for Shark. Nothing that's going to help right away most likely but that will be a solid return.

Why aim so damn low? B prospects? Shark has been NASTY. Get three studs for him!!