Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 12:56 PM)
I just think the Sox trade for someone who is gonna help next year, and possibly even this year. Can't see them trading their best chip for a piece that's a few years away. Particularly when said piece plays the position that Tim Anderson plays (hopefully).

Yes, I agree on the close to minors portion, I just don't think they would refuse to inquire on a talent like that because of Tim Anderson. No guarantees either would end up a SS, and it's the easiest position to move elsewhere.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
Yes, I agree on the close to minors portion, I just don't think they would refuse to inquire on a talent like that because of Tim Anderson. No guarantees either would end up a SS, and it's the easiest position to move elsewhere.

They wouldn't. At best a guy like Fox is still years away. Two at the very least. If both Anderson and Fox pan out, one moves position. It is a problem the Sox would love to have.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)

I feel like with his defense, Anderson won't be an MLB SS. Maybe 2B.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 03:52 PM)
I feel like with his defense, Anderson won't be an MLB SS. Maybe 2B.

At least on the errors he's improved a lot this year. Hard to judge other things for minor leaguers but we're seeing clear, legitimate improvement in that part of his game.

Yes, and that is key. Reports on Anderson's athleticism are through the roof, if his instincts and footwork is improving, he has so much athleticism to make up the rest. I'm really excited for Anderson since he's turned it on in mid-june.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 03:07 PM)
Anderson is still pretty raw, right? I think it's too early to say he won't be able to be adequate defensively at SS. He certainly has the speed and athleticism for it. We don't really know yet.

Raw, but improving in many areas.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 26, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)
Don't see it.

#MNTwins playing .531 ball & are 2nd wild card. That's on pace for 86 wins. #WhiteSox would have to go 40-26 to do that -- very tall order.

https://twitter.com/CSNHayes/status/625458965921562625

This was my response

@CSNHayes 40-26 would be sox going on a .600 winning percentage for rest of year. Pretty much winning every series here on out.Can't see it

https://twitter.com/whisox05/status/625461892857860096

And hayes agreed with me

Sorry, but pace/schmace - Twins might well be 82-83 win frauds.

But yes, trade Shark for a bat or other good value if possible.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
If Toronto really wants Shark, I'd want Hoffman/Sanchez + Anthony Alford. Otherwise I'm waiting until Thursday to see how the week goes. I'd prefer the WhiteSox sell but I do want them to holdout for best Shark package.

I'd rather have Pompey than Alford — he's more advanced.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 04:05 PM)
Now we see who is bluffing.

Yep...I mean it would be ideal to trade him before tomorrow. But I mean I wont be displeased if he's out there helping us win.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 04:03 PM)
Dan Hayes ‏@CSNHayes 2m2 minutes ago

Robin Ventura and Rick Hahn talked and Jeff Samardzija is starting for #WhiteSox tomorrow as far as the manager knows.

KW said from the start of this season that he loved this team more than a lot of his previous teams because they were all grinder type players who he knew would push through the long season to its end. He still believes this team is going to make a push for the playoffs and they will likely trade no one. I am convinced.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 27, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
The pace/schmace rebuttal always wins :lol:

It does have some merit. Since the beginning of June the Twins have a .449 winning percentage. If you believe that version of the Twins is the more real one, then they're on pace for 81 wins.