Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 01:59 PM)
I really don't think Rodon forced the issue that much, his first start or two at Charlotte weren't that great and he still had stuff to work on like his changeup (same thing that Fulmer might have to work on btw) but they still pushed him up to the big leagues as soon as they got the extra year of rights for him. Barring a complete overhaul of the management and front office and barring injury that's my guess, we see him break in next April/May. For a rebuilding team, that's not bad anyway, may as well get his first year in the bigs done when the rest of the roster is this weak and a few bad starts don't cost us anything.

Right but that's because we had Hector Noesi. Ideally, I'd like them to do better than that.

We've been, once again, lucky with pitcher health. I think the dieal plan for Fulmer going into the season is depth with a September callup. We can adjust accordingly if we have options.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 02:57 PM)
If he forces the issue, I expect you're right. But it's not a given that he'll be ready.

Rodon certainly didn't force the issue....he was having command problems in Charlotte The Sox front office forced the issue.

He's not learning the 3rd pitch in Chicago...Ventura and Cooper are using him to get the next out.

What he's learning is how to be better than Noesi.

And wasting service time in the process (and I realize he'd still get hit for a year anyway unless they sit him until this time next year)

I'm not sure he wouldn't get better coaching from Dotsun anyway.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)
Rodon certainly didn't force the issue....he was having command problems in Charlotte The Sox front office forced the issue.

He's not learning the 3rd pitch in Chicago...Ventura and Cooper are using him to get the next out.

What he's learning is how to be better than Noesi.

And wasting service time in the process (and I realize he'd still get hit for a year anyway unless they sit him until this time next year)

I'm not sure he wouldn't get better coaching from Dotsun anyway.

Actually, he kinda is. He's gradually using the change more.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 05:01 PM)
Right but that's because we had Hector Noesi. Ideally, I'd like them to do better than that.

We've been, once again, lucky with pitcher health. I think the dieal plan for Fulmer going into the season is depth with a September callup. We can adjust accordingly if we have options.

While that might be my ideal plan as well, that's not how the White Sox treat pitchers like him and I'm going to reserve my venom for when they call up Anderson too early or something like that.

QUOTE (WhiteSoxLifer @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)

It certainly doesn't sound like Shark has any intention of not pursuing free agency or favoring the Sox in that process.

From the Link above>" White Sox executive vice president Ken Williams told USA TODAY Sports. "But then you look at us, and you say, wait a minute, this team will only be held down for so long."

I look at the team as currently constructed and think, yea it will be.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 10:42 AM)
I understand what you mean. And I think I agree. Here's the problem. They have awesome starting pitching and are only 5.5 back of the 2nd WildCard.

No they are not. This morning they were 5.5.back and also behind 6 teams. The 5.5.means nothing unless you are the 1st team behind. The more teams between the White Sox and the 2nd wildcard team has an impact. For example, the White Sox were 6 games back and 7 teams going in to 7/1 and they won 4 straight. That moved them .5 to 5.5 back as of yesterday. When you are rooting for 6 or 7 teams pluse the 2nd wildcard to lose on a given day it is a longshot especially since some of them will be playing against each other.

Edited by SCCWS

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 10:37 PM)
It certainly doesn't sound like Shark has any intention of not pursuing free agency or favoring the Sox in that process.

From the Link above>" White Sox executive vice president Ken Williams told USA TODAY Sports. "But then you look at us, and you say, wait a minute, this team will only be held down for so long."

I look at the team as currently constructed and think, yea it will be.

ok, i need a little help here. when he was talking about july 31 and the no - other will be traded.

so it is only stating 1 player and no one else will be traded???

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)
ok, i need a little help here. when he was talking about july 31 and the no - other will be traded.

yea,that's kind of how it read, but I don't think it means anything. Kind of a confusing article, with a lot of KW executive VP-speak.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 11:10 PM)
yea,that's kind of how it read, but I don't think it means anything. Kind of a confusing article, with a lot of KW executive VP-speak.

many thanks, i was confuse as well about the RV innocence on the lousy season. instead blaming it all on the players. however toward the end kw mention something about if he is still managing...

this was nothing except someone who is craving to be in the limelight and is talking nonsense.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 05:57 PM)

I think it comes back to the only player that has value in a trade ( excluding the core players) is Samardzija. Players like LaRoche, Melky, Alexei, Danks etc aren't worth their contracts so nobody wants them if the Sox become sellers.

Williams did say they would listen to offers for anyone but its not likely one of the core players will be traded.

That's what I took from the article.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 06:10 PM)

Williams came across as talking in circles but I think he's just as perplexed by this team as everyone else.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 05:54 PM)
My preference is Houston but I think a desperate Yankee team will land Samardzija with Houston landing Mike Leake. I hope I'm wrong.

Well I will admit that my knowledge of prospects is not as strong as some others on here and a lot of Houston's talent has graduated to the big club . The Yankees, Red Sox ,and Cubs all have big time hype machines ( called the local press) and east coast writers galore spouting off about their prospects which makes me distrustful of them . Of course that might not be the case but sometimes you just have to go with how things have fared between those clubs throughout history.

Yes I am fully aware I am also spouting hogwash but karma is a b****. And the Yankees have always kicked the crap out of the Sox in every phase throughout history while when we finally won it was over Houston. Trade with the 'Stros and let karma do its thing.

Shark is looking GREAT on the mound of late. As much as we hoped the Sox might get red hot and reel off 12 wins in a row, this dog-crap lineup and Pee Wee league defense is making any such happening impossible.

Please, Hahn, trade Shark ASAP and get this ball rolling. Shark can really be the difference for a lot of teams - like the Royals. Get Christian Colon and 2 of their top pitching prospects and call it a trade. Royals will do it. They can afford to get rid of Colon and they are knee deep in pitching! Shark is really really good right now. Make the deal.

Or trade him to somebody else like St. Looie. He'd be amazing for the Cards.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 08:12 PM)
Well I will admit that my knowledge of prospects is not as strong as some others on here and a lot of Houston's talent has graduated to the big club . The Yankees, Red Sox ,and Cubs all have big time hype machines ( called the local press) and east coast writers galore spouting off about their prospects which makes me distrustful of them . Of course that might not be the case but sometimes you just have to go with how things have fared between those clubs throughout history.

Yes I am fully aware I am also spouting hogwash but karma is a b****. And the Yankees have always kicked the crap out of the Sox in every phase throughout history while when we finally won it was over Houston. Trade with the 'Stros and let karma do its thing.

I'm with you man. I just think the Yankees are more desperate given their divisional race and their trade history plus they would be enticed by the idea of having first crack at signing Samardzija as soon as the off season begins. Imo, I just do not see Houston willing to give as much for a rental but as I said before, I hope I'm wrong.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 5, 2015 -> 08:13 AM)
With the pitching staff going the way it is I don't think trying for a wild card spot is a bad thing.

I know I'm in the minority but I wouldn't hate to see the Sox ADD a bat somehow. You add a bat to this staff and its a whole new team.

Listen, I am generally just as optimistic as you are but , my friend ,this season is ova ! They are more then just one good bat away. They are at least 2 good bats from having a shot at a still bottom half offense and what about the defense and who do we trade to get those bats ? It's just spinning your wheels .

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 02:33 AM)
Listen, I am generally just as optimistic as you are but , my friend ,this season is ova ! They are more then just one good bat away. They are at least 2 good bats from having a shot at a still bottom half offense and what about the defense and who do we trade to get those bats ? It's just spinning your wheels .

I hate this feeling that we're still in the wild card race. There are way too many teams ahead of the Sox. The Sox have outstanding starting pitching, but that really means nothing when all other aspects of the team are horrible. You got to have a bullpen nowadays and we have no pen. You must have defense nowadays and our is the worst. And this lineup is one of the worst in modern Sox history (not an exaggeration). Way too many holes. Mediocre pitchers dominate us because there are way too many easy outs. Look at today's bottom three hitters. They probably coudn't hit .300 if it was T-ball. And the guys who hit into the shifts, Laroche and Conor couldn't start for any other team in the AL. This is not a playoff team.

So please trade Shark. That's all I ask; start the parade of trades.

It sucks because expectations were so high, BUT, this season may end up being better for the long run.

Trade Shark, and maybe LaRoche get a few young players back. Have a top 10 draft pick and get another Rodon/Fulmer or get an ML ready bat like the Cubs have done.

Things this team is really bad at among AL teams only

Extra base hits : Last with 181, next team has 209

HR's : 2nd worst KC has 1 less.

Runs scored : Worst

Hits : 2nd worst

Doubles : worst

Total Bases : Last over 70 bases behind the next worst team.

RBI: 2nd worst

OBP : 2nd worst

Slugging : Worst

OPS : Worst

Taking a walk : 2nd worst

Stolen bases 2nd worst

Stolen base percent : Tied for last

Shutting an opponent out : 2nd worst

Batting average against 2nd worst

BAA for relief pitchers : worst

OBP allowed: tied for last

Caught stealing percentage (pitching stat not our runners ) last

WHIP: tied for 2nd worse

Relief pitching WHIP : worst

OBP among relief pitchers : worst

IBB allowed : 1st which means they give up the most IBB

These are just general stats for pitching and hitting . As you can see the offense is putrid . The team and relief WHIPs are bad but other stats for the pitching in general isn't terrible. The relief pitching at home has been good but terrible on the road.

Unfortunately its hard statistically to blame the defense too much looking at traditional stats like errors and fielding % unless you delve into more sabre related stats which ESPN doesn't use. Then I am sure that the Sox DRS is pretty bad though I haven't checked.

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jul 6, 2015 -> 04:36 AM)
Things this team is really bad atamong AL teams only

Extra base hits : Last with 181, next team has 209

HR's : 2nd worst KC has 1 less.

Runs scored : Worst

Hits : 2nd worst

Doubles : worst

Total Bases : Last over 70 bases behind the next worst team.

RBI: 2nd worst

OBP : 2nd worst

Slugging : Worst

OPS : Worst

Taking a walk : 2nd worst

Stolen bases 2nd worst

Stolen base percent : Tied for last

Shutting an opponent out : 2nd worst

Batting average against 2nd worst

BAA for relief pitchers : worst

OBP allowed: tied for last

Caught stealing percentage (pitching stat not our runners ) last

WHIP: tied for 2nd worse

Relief pitching WHIP : worst

OBP among relief pitchers : worst

IBB allowed : 1st which means they give up the most IBB

These are just general stats for pitching and hitting . As you can see the offense is putrid . The team and relief WHIPs are bad but other stats for the pitching in general isn't terrible. The relief pitching at home has been good but terrible on the road.

Unfortunately its hard statistically to blame the defense too much looking at traditional stats like errors and fielding % unless you delve into more sabre related stats which ESPN doesn't use. Then I am sure that the Sox DRS is pretty bad though I haven't checked.

Thank you for the stats. I now believe Robin SHOULD not be fired. This team has overachieved (win wise) big time considering how rotten it is.