Samardzija Trade Packages

Y2Jimmy0

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 09:45 AM)
How so? They keep their top prospects that are near ready in Norris, and keep guys like Hoffman, Pentecost. Alford and Reid-Foley are ways away still, and Castro is a power arm out of the pen.

If you can't get a deal like that then you don't make the deal, that simple. Also, in that deal, TOR would get Putnam who does bring value.

Alford is now a Top 60 prospect. Castro and Foley fall into Top 100-150 range. We traded shark to the A's for the entire season and gave them nothng close to what your asking from Toronto. With only 2 months away from being a free agent.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (PolishPrince34 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 03:11 PM)
I would trade Shark and Putnam to the Yankees for J.R Murphy , Jagielo, and PTBL. Sox Front office have been a fan of Murphy in the past and is major league ready which is what Hahn is looking for. Also PTBL can be determined based on how far the Yankees go in the playoffs. Have some upside to this deal.

i am still advocating on not trying to ask for too much. i believe that 2 or those players would be enuf.

i think and this is my assumption that the sox was asking for too much. with hou yesterday.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 08:05 AM)
Those were preseason rankings. Callis said Nottingham would be 9 in the mid season list, so he has blown up pretty well.

What concerns me is the conflicting value from those quoted speaking on Samardzija's value. Big difference between getting a little more that what Kazmir netted the A'a and 1 B level prospect or 2016 draft pick. That's a rather wide range in terms of Samardzija's speculated value.

Sounds to me like Samardzija's value will be less determined by the Sox and mostly determined by the trade partners perception of Samardzija's value as well as their desperation as contenders.

At this point I do not know what to expect in a return for Samardzija.

At this point, I truly believe the best approach in regards to Samardzija is to simply wait until the deadline on July 31st. That is when teams come out of the wood work and offer up a bit more in an attempt to bolster their rotation for the playoffs.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 10:09 AM)
i am still advocating on not trying to ask for too much. i believe that 2 or those players would be enuf.

i think and this is my assumption that the sox was asking for too much. with hou yesterday.

Call me crazy but if the Sox were able to get Sanchez and one of Mateo/Bird I'd be pretty damn happy about it. With the Yankees struggling to find a long term solution at SS and their 1B/DH spots tied up, I think Sanchez and Bird are more likely the return if a trade with the Yankees happened.

Here are some packages that I think could happen.

Toronto gets: SP Jeff Samardzija and RP Zach Putnam

White Sox get:SP Sean Reid-Foley, RP Miguel Castro, OF Anthony Alford 1 too many

Yankees get: SP Jeff Samardzija

White Sox get: SS Jorge Mateo, C Gary Sanchez don't know of both, esp mateo... i would substitute Wade - ss

Giants get: SP Jeff Samardzij

White Sox get: SS Christian Arroyo, SP Miguel Santos, SS Kelvin Beltre while sfo system is nothing to write about, except for the top prospects. i really like Garcia-catcher....

Pirates get: SP Jeff Samardzija

White Sox get: OF Austin Meadows, SS Alen Hanson

Dodgers get: SP Jeff Samardzija and RP Zach Putnam

White Sox get: OF Alex Verdugo, SP Zach Lee, C Austin Barnes i would think very hard on their next yr comp pick

nice work you did great .

many thanks.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 09:38 AM)
Here are some packages that I think could happen.

Toronto gets: SP Jeff Samardzija and RP Zach Putnam

White Sox get:SP Sean Reid-Foley, RP Miguel Castro, OF Anthony Alford

Yankees get: SP Jeff Samardzija

White Sox get: SS Jorge Mateo, C Gary Sanchez

Giants get: SP Jeff Samardzija

White Sox get: SS Christian Arroyo, SP Miguel Santos, SS Kelvin Beltre

Pirates get: SP Jeff Samardzija

White Sox get: OF Austin Meadows, SS Alen Hanson

Dodgers get: SP Jeff Samardzija and RP Zach Putnam

White Sox get: OF Alex Verdugo, SP Zach Lee, C Austin Barnes

Those are all too much. I'm not trying to be a jerk but we're just not going to get as much back for him as you're suggesting.

QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
Those are all too much. I'm not trying to be a jerk but we're just not going to get as much back for him as you're suggesting.

Non taken, thank you for doing it in a respectful way. Although, I really think if we can package a reliever with Jeff, the value will go higher. Especially because none of our relievers that are receiving interest are expensive.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 10:44 AM)
Jon Morosi ‏@jonmorosi 1m1 minute ago

#BlueJays remain in active discussions with #WhiteSox about Jeff Samardzija. @FOXSports

Make me right Jays :)

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
Non taken, thank you for doing it in a respectful way. Although, I really think if we can package a reliever with Jeff, the value will go higher. Especially because none of our relievers that are receiving interest are expensive.

Make me right Jays :)

exact-a-mundo.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 10:57 AM)
Levine on the score today said that the Royals are very interested as well.

...and he threw out the name Yordano Ventura...although that was really his own idea.

No thanks to that guy. Let's get some position players in the system, or better yet, in the major league lineup.

Ventura is signed to what should be a pretty team friendly contract (presuming he's more like the guy from last year and less like the guy from this season). Presuming his stuff checks out, I would absolutely be okay with that sort of return for Shark. I also have tons of confidence in Coop.

He also would free up our ability to move Q for some prospects, without necessarily weakening our pitching stable as much. Sox could essentially have him under control until 2021 (at total of $44M) and 2 of those years (and $24M) of that are option years in 2020 & 2021.

On a sidenote, depending on how much you buy into FIP, his FIP this year (a year in which his ERA is over 5) is still 3.69. His K/9 is about same as last year, H/9 is up a bit while his BB/9 is down slightly.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 11:00 AM)
...and he threw out the name Yordano Ventura...although that was really his own idea.

No thanks to that guy. Let's get some position players in the system, or better yet, in the major league lineup.

I'd absolutely be fine with that. I'd then try to move Quintana for an impact bat.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 11:08 AM)
Ventura is signed to what should be a pretty team friendly contract (presuming he's more like the guy from last year and less like the guy from this season). Presuming his stuff checks out, I would absolutely be okay with that sort of return for Shark. I also have tons of confidence in Coop.

He also would free up our ability to move Q for some prospects, without necessarily weakening our pitching stable as much. Sox could essentially have him under control until 2021 (at total of $44M) and 2 of those years (and $24M) of that are option years in 2020 & 2021.

I wouldn't mind Ventura at all either.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
Larry King ‏@kingsthings 7m7 minutes ago

Don't be surprised if the @dodgers and @whitesox make a trade before the deadline, July 31st.

Larry King weighing in lmao. Im sorry, but I think this is hilarious.

Larry King could probably have gotten voted in as commissioner at some point in his life.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 11:10 AM)
Larry King ‏@kingsthings 7m7 minutes ago

Don't be surprised if the @dodgers and @whitesox make a trade before the deadline, July 31st.

Larry King weighing in lmao. Im sorry, but I think this is hilarious.

Is that sarcasm?

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 09:22 AM)
Considering Levine's crap knowledge of our own prospects, I do not put much stock into his theories of returns from others.

I highly doubt the Royals would offer up Ventura for Shark, but you never know. I am sure they want to win.