tonights attendance

Ishmookie

i was at the game last night, it was half price night, we're playing the team we were tied for first place with and it was 76 degrees. You'd think it would be packed but no! a pathetic attendance figure of 32,807. I'm disgusted! GO TO THE BALLPARK!

I would if that was possible. Its kind of hard when I have class and its a 3 hour drive from Champaign.

Wait until you see tonights crowd. Unless there is a huge walkup we won't even ahve 25,000. I just went to exchange some tickets and the wonderful Customer Service area for Ticket Sales appeared to be disturbed that I broke up their lunch. As useless as they come. Although I am normally pretty happy with them, my simple questions were pretty much a thorn in their side.

i was at the game last night, it was half price night, we're playing the team we were tied for first place with and it was 76 degrees. You'd think it would be packed but no! a pathetic attendance figure of 32,807. I'm disgusted! GO TO THE BALLPARK!

I totally agree with u man. It's pathetic that we don't sell out EVERY night. The same fools that claim they can't get to the gms r the same ones that r gonna buy up all the playoff tickets. If we get there of course...

I totally agree with u man.  It's pathetic that we don't sell out EVERY night.  The same fools that claim they can't get to the gms r the same ones that r gonna buy up all the playoff tickets.  If we get there of course...

Naaa.. they're already b****ing and moaning about the TM fees.. :lol:

The same fools that claim they can't get to the gms r the same ones that r gonna buy up all the playoff tickets.  If we get there of course...

that is what really p.o.'s me.

I think that no one should be allowed to buy any play off or world series tickets unless they have a canceled ticket stub from a Tampa Bay game.

All the front runner fans who want tickets who haven't been there all year - no use for them.

I totally agree with u man.  It's pathetic that we don't sell out EVERY night.  The same fools that claim they can't get to the gms r the same ones that r gonna buy up all the playoff tickets.  If we get there of course...

Oh, for the record.. I think you both are kinda ignorant for commenting to the masses on this board about attendance. All summer long many of us met at the park game after game after game... Were you guys there? Don't b**** at those who go about getting to the games. It does nothing but rock the boat. :nono

I think that no one should be allowed to buy any play off or world series tickets unless they have a canceled ticket stub from a Tampa Bay game. 

All the front runner fans who want tickets who haven't been there all year - no use for them.

A TB stub.. from the game IN Tampa!!

Oh, for the record.. I think you both are kinda ignorant for commenting to the masses on this board about attendance. All summer long many of us met at the park game after game after game... Were you guys there? Don't b**** at those who go about getting to the games. It does nothing but rock the boat. :nono

1st of all I wasn't talking about Sox fans on this board. I was talking Sox fans period. 2nd of all I've been to 11 gms this year. I try to get out there as often as possible. But I go to school and am on a tight budget. All I was saying is that more than likely they're are gonna be a bunch of front runners that never bothered to go to a gm during the season but will be sure to be there come playoff time...

Jordan and ishmookie,

Can I have your address so that I can get reimbursed for my roundtrip airfare from Minneapolis to Chicago, along with my car rental and Hotel expenses. I can take care of the ticket costs, parking and food. Since there are two of you the cost shouldn't hit your pocketbook to hard.

Thanks! :finger

I just turned in four unused tickets from the Tampa game for tonight I am in the UD. I can't wait.

Who cares? Our attendance is up 8% from last year; remarkable considering they're having another "magical" year on the North Side of town. That's enough good news for me. If we average 25,000-30,000 (very realistic, IMO), then we'll at least break around 10-15% increase from 2002. The Sox will not become a big draw in baseball again until several years of sustained winning; and I don't mean s***ty division titles followed by three-and-outs.

By the way... Anyone notice the Yankees drew 8,848 yesterday?

1st of all I wasn't talking about Sox fans on this board.  I was talking Sox fans period.  2nd of all I've been to 11 gms this year.  I try to get out there as often as possible.  But I go to school and am on a tight budget.  All I was saying is that more than likely they're are gonna be a bunch of front runners that never bothered to go to a gm during the season but will be sure to be there come playoff time...

OK. Then who are you talking to posting on this board..? :huh:

Really.. not trying to be confrontational.. but to make a post here about people going and then say it's not directed to those you are posting to.. doesn't make mush sense. I'll be there tonight again. As well as tomorrow and Thursday during the day. 5 games in 6 days.. I'm going to be tired Friday.

Tampa played what, 3 games here? I'm pretty sure I was out of town for work that week.

I'm out of town quite a bit, and I don't get to attend nearly as many games as I'd like to.

But I will be camped out in front of USCF the night before playoff tickets go on sale, as I was in 2000, and I don't think you have any right to tell me I shouldn't be able to buy them.

Tampa played what, 3 games here? I'm pretty sure I was out of town for work that week.

I'm out of town quite a bit, and I don't get to attend nearly as many games as I'd like to.

But I will be camped out in front of USCF the night before playoff tickets go on sale, as I was in 2000, and I don't think you have any right to tell me I shouldn't be able to buy them.

Ahh.. don't sweat it Wayne... I got an extra stub for ya ;)

Awwww, aren't you just made of pure sugar

Awwww, aren't you just made of pure sugar

Awwww shucks. Yer makin' me blush. :D

Steff,

I am a season ticket holder and I split my lot with a few others. I get to about 30-40 games a year. Either way, I am mystified by the lack of attendance for a playoff contender. I suppose if the Cubs were not in it we would see more 'chicago fans' Steff in regard to your meeting prior to the game, I have never met with you folks, maybe its timing, maybe its my lack of finding the correct information, but I would love to meet you folks in the near future.

Anyway, I think the people on this board are true fans I hope we can get a few more.

Steff,

I am a season ticket holder and I split my lot with a few others. I get to about 30-40 games a year. Either way, I am mystified by the lack of attendance for a playoff contender. I suppose if the Cubs were not in it we would see more 'chicago fans' Steff in regard to your meeting prior to the game, I have never met with you folks, maybe its timing, maybe its my lack of finding the correct information, but I would love to meet you folks in the near future.

Anyway, I think the people on this board are true fans I hope we can get a few more.

Tonight. 6:15 BPB. Tomorrow likely the same. Thursday afternoon lunch at Jimbo's at noon. After that, I dunno.

As for why the park is not full. Don't know, don't care. There are people paid to worry about that crap... and I aint one of them :lol:

Steff,

Tonight. 6:15 BPB. Tomorrow likely the same. Thursday afternoon lunch at Jimbo's at noon. After that, I dunno.

As for why the park is not full. Don't know, don't care. There are people paid to worry about that crap... and I aint one of them :lol:

Went last night and I am going to Thursday's game. Maybe I will stop by Jimbo's.

Thanks Steff.

Steff,

Went last night and I am going to Thursday's game. Maybe I will stop by Jimbo's.

Thanks Steff.

No problemo.. first beer's on me! :cheers

no one presumed to tell who what you have a right to do

do as you wish

speaking of the Tampa Bay series, i was speaking metaphorically

but in reality, I would still restrict playoff sales to persons who had purchased tickets for at least one tampa Bay or Detroit or any other lousy game on the schedule.

That is what I would do. Be glad I am not in charge.

I said I had "no use" for people who want playoff tickets who "haven't been there all year."

That is how I feel.

To coin a phrase, you have no right to tell me that I cannot feel that way.

And does that apply to you? have you not been to a game at USCF all year? I didn't think it did. If so though, then it applies. I don't make every game either. That is not what I said though, was it?

Aside from the legitmate excuses for not being able to attend - death, being in the military overseas (and yet Nuke still made a few games...), etc., I don't buy too many excuses about not going to games because of the distance I travel to go. So BFD, right? Exactly. It is no BFD at all. But that does allow me the right to think that only people who have actually been to a game in the regular season should have the right to get playoff tickets.

I am still allowed my opinions?

And I don't have an extra playoff ticket for you or spare Tampa Bay stub - my list of people who will go the playoffs with me is too long already, and includes all of the people who have been to games with me this season, and that includes against Tampa Bay. And Detroit. And San Diego. And some of the other less than stellar gate attractions we had.