2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY TWO

NorthSideSox72

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 05:07 PM)
They didn't get their marching order from the owner. The front office made a decision to filter more money to the pro side and ignore the development side and it showed. We still haven't hit on the equation or solved the problem as we can not produce good hitters and really need to evaluate what is going on their from a development perspective. The hard thing is, it takes a long time to see if changes you made from a draft to development perspective were the right or wrong decisions. Is their some luck in the process, sure, but over time, it is a skill. Some franchises are better then others and that is to their credit. They put guys in the best position to succeed and get the most out of them more often then others.

you can say all that, but it still has an element of luck.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 05:17 PM)
Underway. Tracker being maintained, will be updated with all the Sox picks and some details for each. Link in first post.

interesting pick by cincy... Trahan, Blake. ss. i been trying to think if he has the offensive tools to make it. i believe he is 5'9

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 12:11 PM)
you can say all that, but it still has an element of luck.

I just think they picked bad players. In 2004 they had 7 picks in the first 89. Fields, Lumsden,Gio, Whisler, Lucy, Liotta, Hansen. Gio turned out great for another team after trading him twice. All the others were pretty much junk. Not even replacement level players. That, IMO, is bad scouting.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 05:21 PM)
I just think they picked bad players. In 2004 they had 7 picks in the first 89. Fields, Lumsden,Gio, Whisler, Lucy, Liotta, Hansen. Gio turned out great for another team after trading him twice. All the others were pretty much junk. Not even replacement level players. That, IMO, is bad scouting.

so in essence bad luck in drafting.

not having someone who knows what there were doing, lousy luck for the owners to pick that person.

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 06:32 PM)
Who do you guys want the Sox to get now? I don't know a ton about these guys.

the 2 main prep pitchers are there, Everett and justin long.

but i like Thompson. 3b