6/9/15 GDT Astros @ Sox

Condor13

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 08:25 PM)
I'm more concerned about how in the world is Hahn going to improve this offense going forward

He's going to have make some trades unfortunately. If they can hang around a bit longer, I fully expect Hahn to make a trade for a 3B or C using some prospects (with one of Montas or Danish being in the package). I really don't see another choice.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 08:32 PM)
He's going to have make some trades unfortunately. If they can hang around a bit longer, I fully expect Hahn to make a trade for a 3B or C using some prospects (with one of Montas or Danish being in the package). I really don't see another choice.

It's going to have to happen eventually. Might as well be now. Especially at catcher.

While trying to compare the 2015 offense to the 2007 offense on Fangraphs I accidentally sorted "offensive fWAR 2007-2015". The White Sox have 81.2 fWAR on offense as a team since 2007. This is by FAR the worst in MLB. The nearest teams have more than 10 fWAR more than us. Our offensive production is worse than the Astros who have spent most of the time rebuilding and the Mariners who keep signing huge busts. The Red sox have 145 more fWAR than our offense over that 8.5 year span. They have 2.75x or so the amount of fWAR as us over that time span.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 08:34 PM)
It's going to have to happen eventually. Might as well be now. Especially at catcher.

It is time for management to admit Flowers is NOT a MLB starting catcher in any way shape or form.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 08:36 PM)
It is time to admit Flowers is NOT a MLB starting catcher in any way shape or form.

That should have been obvious his first year starting. Unfortunately management didnt do anything about it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 09:35 PM)
While trying to compare the 2015 offense to the 2007 offense on Fangraphs I accidentally sorted "offensive fWAR 2007-2015". The White Sox have 81.2 fWAR on offense as a team since 2007. This is by FAR the worst in MLB. The nearest teams have more than 10 fWAR more than us. Our offensive production is worse than the Astros who have spent most of the time rebuilding and the Mariners who keep signing huge busts. The Red sox have 145 more fWAR than our offense over that 8.5 year span. They have 2.75x or so the amount of fWAR as us over that time span.

Meanwhile we are #3 in pitching fWAR since then, with 70 more fWAR than the teams at the bottom and we are #29 out of 30 teams in fielding over that timespan (just had to check).

So to summarize, since 2007: white Sox Pitching, near top of the league. Offense, baserunning, and fielding, 29th to 30th in MLB over that timespan.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 9, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)
I agree, but who is available? If we make a trade for a catcher, it's got to be a guy who can fill the spot for multiple years.

I dont have an answer to that but it's about time Rick Hahn started feeling the heat. He needs to try and fix the spots because let's be honest his additions/lack of additions at certain spots arent working. The time we waited has amounted to what we're watching.