2015 MLB Draft Thread - Discussion - DAY THREE

NorthSideSox72

Carlos Collazo ‏@CarlosACollazo May 22

Not exactly Landon Lassiter's best season with UNC. He got into some trouble earlier this year for not going to a tutoring session as well.

Carolina Baseball ‏@DiamondHeels May 22

Landon Lassiter has been suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
Actually signable at this stage?

Up in the air but I think he will sign. Not sure what else he can gain from going back to school for his senior year at a smaller D-1 school. I would assume he would get more money as a junior then he would as a senior even if he moved up to round 10, correct? Not familiar with how the money works.

He pitched in the Cape Cod League last night which I thought was interesting. Maybe he could really up his stock if he pitched great in that league and also next year. He does have a lot to work on, mainly control

Edited by BigHurt3515

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)

Not exactly Landon Lassiter's best season with UNC. He got into some trouble earlier this year for not going to a tutoring session as well.

Landon Lassiter has been suspended indefinitely for conduct detrimental to the team.

Sounds like he fits right in with the football and basketball programs there at UNC!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 01:21 PM)

UNC is as dirty a school as their is re athletes and academics. NO telling what a "tutoring" session means at that place.

This doesn't bother me.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 01:45 PM)
The Astros have had some really interesting selections on day 3. I can't imagine they sign everyone they've taken so far but they've cleaned up in this draft (as you should with 2 top 5 picks plus a comp pick between the 1st and 2nd rounds).

They have like 17.5 million draft pool plus another 5% on top of that.

compare that to our paltry 5.5 million, and yeah. I think they'll sign most everyone.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)

compare that to our paltry 5.5 million, and yeah. I think they'll sign most everyone.

I'm sure they will sign everyone from days 1 and 2. I'm more referring to a guy like Cole Sands who they took in Round 22 who I imagine will be a really tough sign even for them.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 02:00 PM)

Well, Cameron is getting $5M of that and Tucker is likely to be near that as well, so really they have $7.5 to sign the #2 pick and everyone else they have drafted from the second round on.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 02:08 PM)
Well, Cameron is getting $5M of that and Tucker is likely to be near that as well, so really they have $7.5 to sign the #2 pick and everyone else they have drafted from the second round on.

I would bet that Cameron signs for quite a bit less than $5M.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 02:15 PM)
I would bet that Cameron signs for quite a bit less than $5M.

Its possible, but that was the rumor floating around Sunday/Monday. He put a $5M price tag out there and the Astros were trying to go underslot at #2 to pay him in the comp round, which is why 29 other teams passed on a top 10 guy.

Lots of seniors, Sox appear to be drafting on the cheap late in the draft this year, perhaps they are planning to go big in the July international class, or maybe the payroll was stretched too thin with the Cabrera signing and they had to borrow some money from the draft.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 02:59 PM)
Its possible, but that was the rumor floating around Sunday/Monday. He put a $5M price tag out there and the Astros were trying to go underslot at #2 to pay him in the comp round, which is why 29 other teams passed on a top 10 guy.

He could certainly be lying but Mike Cameron said that the $5 mil rumor was false.