6/10 Games

flavum

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:32 AM)
Just read on twitter, Anderson hurt himself rounding 2nd base and had to crawl back to the bag.

Left game, but walked off on his own.

https://twitter.com/JustinRocke/status/608673338483945472

Please be okay. He is our one position prospect that I have full faith in his ability to be a dynamic hitter.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 06:15 PM)
Birmingham Barons ‏@BhamBarons 2m2 minutes ago

Today's game at Tennessee has been canceled due to wet field conditions. The game will not be made up before the All-Star Game. More to come

What an awful decision to start that game.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 01:15 PM)
Birmingham Barons ‏@BhamBarons 2m2 minutes ago

Today's game at Tennessee has been canceled due to wet field conditions. The game will not be made up before the All-Star Game. More to come

If Anderson is out for an extended period of time. I will hate the Cubs even more. Why on earth even start the game?

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 12:49 PM)
They had a sprinkler break overnight, that caused flooding. The game started late, but they said the field was ok to play. Then Anderson got hurt.

Inexcusable to play.

Wow, that is complete horses***.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 03:35 PM)
Johnson with a monster of a start. Dude should be back on the radar at this point. Obviously our expectations should drop a little, but he should have a chance to fill that #5 very effectively once we can dump Danks on somebody.

We won't ever be able to, FWIW.

We might have been able to dump him for a worse contract like Melky Cabrera...minus that one problem.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:24 PM)
We won't ever be able to, FWIW.

We might have been able to dump him for a worse contract like Melky Cabrera...minus that one problem.

You've really gone all-in on the "Melky = Dunn" theory.

Obviously no one is going to take Danks' contact as is, but eat the vast majority of the money and someone might take him. And quite frankly, I'd be okay with that because I think Johnson & Beck could exceed his performance going forward.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)
You've really gone all-in on the "Melky = Dunn" theory.

Obviously no one is going to take Danks' contact as is, but eat the vast majority of the money and someone might take him. And quite frankly, I'd be okay with that because I think Johnson & Beck could exceed his performance going forward.

Johnson maybe, but I think expecting anything lower than a 5.25 ERA out of Beck is pushing it.