6/10 GDT Houston Astros @ Chicago White Sox

Condor13

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol at trading Q because as usual his defense sucks donkey dick. You guys need to appreciate him more. He could have gone off on his fielders a dozen times over the last few years. His body language is always neutral or positive. Dude has reason to be angry and he keeps it together.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
Not his fault

Has he EVER been able to pitch over mistakes? At some point, part of it is his fault. Yeah, this team gives him jack all run support and shoddy defense, but he isn't exactly innocent of all failure.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 07:49 PM)
lol at trading Q because as usual his defense sucks donkey dick. You guys need to appreciate him more. He could have gone off on his fielders a dozen times over the last few years. His body language is always neutral or positive. Dude has reason to be angry and he keeps it together.

It is not just the defense why I would explore a deal.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 07:50 PM)
Has he EVER been able to pitch over mistakes? At some point, part of it is his fault. Yeah, this team gives him jack all run support and shoddy defense, but he isn't exactly innocent of all failure.

I'm gonna go ahead and guess he's been capable of pitching over mistakes, what with his consistent ERA in the 3s and all

Jesus, he's one of the 20 best starters in baseball signed to a team friendly deal. Yea, if Boston wants to give you Bogarts and Betts for you him you drive him to the airport himself but short of being bowled over like that with an offer of young MLB ready starters -- f*** no you don't trade him.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 07:48 PM)
I think Q is a guy I would explore trading, If a team wants to overpay.

He's not the type of guy teams overpay for

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 07:50 PM)
We have a ton of left hand pitchers .... we have 1 right hander and he has been bad.

Doesn't seem illogical to me.

Quintana career v LHP: .248/.302/.382

Quintana career v RHP: .261/.318/.393

If you're really that desperate to have more of a righty/lefty split in the rotation despite none of them actually struggling way more against righties, why not move Danks (the way worse pitcher) into a long man roll and give one of our righties like Guerra or Johnson a chance?

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 08:52 PM)
I'm not saying Quintana is horrible... he might have value to get something we need more.

we keep saying our draft strategy is to take the guys we can develop (starting pitching) and use that to acquire position players. Our position players are so bad that maybe its tile to look at the words we keep saying.