Ventura to miss weekend series

southsider2k5

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 02:28 PM)
Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 3m3 minutes ago

White Sox manager Robin Ventura will miss the Rays series this weekend to attend his daughter's college graduation. Mark Parent fills in.

Oh this is going to be fun.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
At least we know he won't show too much emotion after her name is announced :)

Did you see where some parents were fined 500.00 and charged with disorderly conduct for this? I thought it was hilarious.

Well, can't say I didn't expect to see a lot of Robin-hate in this thread. I'm happy for him though to miss all three days does seem a little extreme. Then again, in other walks of life to have three days off for such a family event would be nothing.

Only Soxtalk would complain the manager they complain is managing won't be managing. His daughter goes to college in CA, the Sox are in FL. Typically 2 games are missed but it is not practical he gets back for the Sunday afternoon game.

Edited by Dick Allen

That's the problem when your family is in California and you're in the Midwest.

Minimum, it would be a 2 day thing, as it would be insane to fly (even directly) back and forth in one day.

So you can argue it should only be two and not three days, but I'm guessing they have some special events or things to attend that Friday night as well...on the other hand, of course, when you fly east to west you don't lose hardly any time at all.

It's the coming back thing that sucks. Especially three time zones or more.

Somehow I doubt one game is going to decide the season at this point...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 06:19 PM)
Only Soxtalk would complain the manager they complain is managing won't be managing.

I see one comment before yours complaining that Ventura wouldn't be managing, maybe two if you count someone calling it excessive. There's about three comments literally the opposite of what you're talking about, expressing pleasure, with the rest specifically stating their lack of a problem. Unless those specific two posters want Ventura out then I don't see your point. And even if they do, I would imagine their complaints would be more along the lines of "this is indicative of my problems with him, i.e. he doesn't care enough" (not that I agree), not "I don't want Ventura managing" "Wait, now I want him managing!". But you have a big habit of taking Soxtalk as one voice and then haughtily comparing statements from entirely different posters as if they're hypocritical.

I see one comment before yours complaining that Ventura wouldn't be managing, maybe two if you count someone calling it excessive. There's about three comments literally the opposite of what you're talking about, expressing pleasure, with the rest specifically stating their lack of a problem. Unless those specific two posters want Ventura out then I don't see your point. And even if they do, I would imagine their complaints would be more along the lines of "this is indicative of my problems with him, i.e. he doesn't care enough" (not that I agree), not "I don't want Ventura managing" "Wait, now I want him managing!". But you have a big habit of taking Soxtalk as one voice and then haughtily comparing statements from entirely different posters as if they're hypocritical.

LMAO

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 10, 2015 -> 07:25 PM)

I see your point but dude, you can't turn a blind-eye to the ridiculous Robin-bashing and FO-bashing that has infiltrated the bloodstream of Soxtalk. It's only because we've stumbled out of the gate and quite a few players (maybe 6 of them) are batting around .230. I think commenting on the knee-jerkers and anxious men posting here is fair game, no? The haughtiness comes from the bashers, who make everyone else out to be idiots if they don't HATE kw, jr, coop and rv. It's ok to poke fun at the nervous nellies a bit, no?