Ventura to miss weekend series

southsider2k5

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 12:31 PM)
Lol. I fail to see a legitimate comparison between a working class father that works 9-5 five days a week ( granted some work longer hours) and a baseball father that works all hours of the day 5-7 days a week from February into October plus what they do in the off season.

Also. The working class father has the luxury of seeing his family every day and is not separated by hundreds/thousands of miles.

Apple meet orange, orange say hello to apple.

I'm really curious as to how many pages this thread will be by Sunday evening. ;)

this is funny....

i my weird way of thinking, i was expecting to see a "MR" in front of each name sitting around a table in a dinner.

QUOTE (SCCWS @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 12:31 PM)
Amazing. You can't make some of this stuff up. Hopefully there won't be anyone wearing Sox gear protesting the graduation.

:D

that is there is some radical sox fan out west.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 07:46 AM)
this is funny....

i my weird way of thinking, i was expecting to see a "MR" in front of each name sitting around a table in a dinner.

Now that you mention it, Mr. would be a nice touch. I'll remember that next time. :D

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 02:15 AM)
I don't hate RV at all. In fact, if I met RV I would shake his hand vigorously and say "you were one of my heroes and my pops loved you too; way to work back from that horrific injury you had".

That said, dude is in the .0001% of dads that can take 3 days off work for graduation and nobody gives a f***. Lot of working class dads out there that would love to do the same.

What kind of ridiculous jobs have you had where you can't take 3 days off?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)
The haters should be comforted in knowing that when Robin gets back from this "vacation", he will only have 2 days the next 4 weeks he won't be required to work. Slacker.

I'm a hater of the term "Hater". Please stop.

David Kaplan @thekapman

Sox GM Rick Hahn on @KapandHaugh: Robin missing TB series is on me. I told him take weekend to be there for family. That was my decision."

jon greenberg added,

jon greenberg ‏@jon_greenberg 20m20 minutes ago

Does anyone really care about this?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 10:07 AM)
David Kaplan @thekapman

Sox GM Rick Hahn on @KapandHaugh: Robin missing TB series is on me. I told him take weekend to be there for family. That was my decision."

jon greenberg added,

jon greenberg ‏@jon_greenberg 20m20 minutes ago

Does anyone really care about this?

:lol:

It shows that Robin lacks the fire and the passion.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 02:15 AM)
I don't hate RV at all. In fact, if I met RV I would shake his hand vigorously and say "you were one of my heroes and my pops loved you too; way to work back from that horrific injury you had".

That said, dude is in the .0001% of dads that can take 3 days off work for graduation and nobody gives a f***. Lot of working class dads out there that would love to do the same.

You don't know jack s*** about anyone here bro. Presume what you're gonna presume, but don't get it twisted many of us raising a ruckus here are about as far from "meatball" as it gets. Go ahead with your one liners tho, they go over great with the meatball crowd. You ever seen your pops cry because he has to work and he can't be with you? I certainly have. RV should wake up every day thanking his creator he gets to take 3 days off for his daughter's graduation.

I've seen the tears in my working class father's eye when he had to go away from his family. You want to tell me, and others, about what it means to be working class and sacrifice everthing and anything for your kids? Get real man.

A baseball player/manager/staff spendsalot more time away from his family than any "working class" father. It's an extremely difficult life for a family. It's why most of us get out, once you get a family. I do not begrudge anyone in this situation to spend time with family.

Edit: how many birthdays, first days of school and other events he has missed over the years? He has the opportunity and he should take it.

Edited by ptatc

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 12:15 AM)

You don't know jack s*** about anyone here bro. Presume what you're gonna presume, but don't get it twisted many of us raising a ruckus here are about as far from "meatball" as it gets. Go ahead with your one liners tho, they go over great with the meatball crowd. You ever seen your pops cry because he has to work and he can't be with you? I certainly have. RV should wake up every day thanking his creator he gets to take 3 days off for his daughter's graduation.

I've seen the tears in my working class father's eye when he had to go away from his family. You want to tell me, and others, about what it means to be working class and sacrifice everything and anything for your kids? Get real man.

Every dad I know could take the weekend off to go attend their daughter's graduation. And if they worked weekends, then I still don't know a dad who couldn't take the time off to attend.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 09:01 AM)
I think he should publicly post his vacation schedule so that we can all analyze it.

From now on everyone here should post their vacation schedule and we as a group can decide whether to allow them their time off or not.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 11:45 AM)
From now on everyone here should post their vacation schedule and we as a group can decide whether to allow them their time off or not.

1st rule is that Gage gets no time off because he is the face of a multi-dollar operation here at Soxtalk.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 11:45 AM)

Friday July 3 is a company holiday for me but I'm thinking of taking the 2nd off too.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)
1st rule is that Gage gets no time off because he is the face of a multi-dollar operation here at Soxtalk.

Absolutely.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 11:50 AM)
Friday July 3 is a company holiday for me but I'm thinking of taking the 2nd off too.

For what reason sir?

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 09:50 AM)

Approved. I'm going to be taking the 6th off (3rd is a company holiday). Rowand and Southsider can work for us on Friday & Monday, respectively, for being jerks who don't want to grant us our time off.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
Approved. I'm going to be taking the 6th off (3rd is a company holiday).

Rejected because of The Gage Rule.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 11:53 AM)
For what reason sir?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 11:55 AM)
Rejected.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 12, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
Approved. I'm going to be taking the 6th off (3rd is a company holiday). Rowand and Southsider can work for us on Friday & Monday, respectively, for being jerks who don't want to grant us our time off.

^^^ I prefer this answer.