Ventura to miss weekend series

southsider2k5

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 01:24 PM)
and for god sake, he didn't take the invite. nor did the sox fixed the starting rotation and on top of that, the rotation needed a rookie to come in, who is not yet ready, and i mean fully ready. pls remember, he was still an unknown factor coming into this season.

the bottom line, for god sake

the FO is playing roulette and betting on the 0 and double 00.

He did take the invite, just didn't make the club out of ST.

Fix the starting rotation? Hahn added Shark, at the time looked like a great move, combine that with Sale and Q didn't get off to a great start up until the last couple weeks. Danks is Danks, and Noesi was coming off some success in the 2nd half of last season and earned that #5 spot.

Problem is Danks is still Danks, Shark has not worked out, Noesi is a DFA candidate right now, and Sale and Q weren't exactly that good until the last month or so.

In terms of Rodon, he's ready, did you not see the the last 3-4 starts before yesterday's? He was simply amazing in those starts. Everyone is allowed to have a bad game.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 07:34 PM)
They fixed the starting rotation just fine. Noesi was demoted and they called up some guy named Rodon. And trust me when I saw there were tons of awful starting pitchers invited to camps and installed into rotations. Jason Marquis lasted longer in the rotation for Cincy then Hector Noesi did for the White Sox.

with all due respect...

i really don't care what other cities are doing, esp trying to compare them to the sox. with ref to other terrible sp's invited, i am only concerned with this yr. i do not like to relieve the history of the sox follies.

this yr on how bad this club is and how to fix it.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 07:36 PM)
He did take the invite, just didn't make the club out of ST.

Fix the starting rotation? Hahn added Shark, at the time looked like a great move, combine that with Sale and Q didn't get off to a great start up until the last couple weeks. Danks is Danks, and Noesi was coming off some success in the 2nd half of last season and earned that #5 spot.

Problem is Danks is still Danks, Shark has not worked out, Noesi is a DFA candidate right now, and Sale and Q weren't exactly that good until the last month or so.

In terms of Rodon, he's ready, did you not see the the last 3-4 starts before yesterday's? He was simply amazing in those starts. Everyone is allowed to have a bad game.

i looked and i can't find anything about the sox with Zito.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2015/02/athl...inors-deal.html

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/mlb/2...brera/25213435/

however, lets say for this discussion, he did, the point is, he did not make the final cut. so how is that helping???

and with ref to the pitching not preforming, ok where is the backup???

and trying to squeeze out, Look at Rodon and his last 3-4 starts before yesterday, he should be learning his trade in the minors. and not on-the-job.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 12:31 PM)
btw, that is not the way to FO works, the took Noesi as a reclaimation project and found some success. now the sox didn't think to invest and continue the rebuild b/c of what they thought Noesi will bring in.

it was unlikely that the FO didn't think he would regress back to his old self.

so what did they, the FO do, went out and reach for Penny and Drabek. hoping to replciate the same success.

no matter how you paint it, mismanagement without a clue.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 12:48 PM)
excellent point. but i bet they are not counting on them to perform and to be used right away, as if it was foregone conclusion that it was going to work.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 01:45 PM)
with all due respect...

i really don't care what other cities are doing, esp trying to compare them to the sox. with ref to other terrible sp's invited, i am only concerned with this yr. i do not like to relieve the history of the sox follies.

this yr on how bad this club is and how to fix it.

You were the one making the initial comparison to what other teams do, not me.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)
You were the one making the initial comparison to what other teams do, not me.

how???? i mention facts of what the sox did and in

btw, that is not the way to FO works, the took Noesi as a reclaimation project and found some success. now the sox didn't think to invest and continue the rebuild b/c of what they thought Noesi will bring in.

it was unlikely that the FO didn't think he would regress back to his old self.

so what did they, the FO do, went out and reach for Penny and Drabek. hoping to replciate the same success.

no matter how you paint it, mismanagement without a clue.

no where did i compared them to another team, unless you are implying that the sox didn't invest and got better options.

excellent point. but i bet they are not counting on them to perform and to be used right away, as if it was foregone conclusion that it was going to work.

so how was i comparing this statement to another team, mayber how they mismanage the thought process of how to plan for the unexpected instead of not completting the rebuild.

pls explain how i am comparing to other teams.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 02:10 PM)
how???? i mention facts of what the sox did and in

no where did i compared them to another team, unless you are implying that the sox didn't invest and got better options.

so how was i comparing this statement to another team, mayber how they mismanage the thought process of how to plan for the unexpected instead of not completting the rebuild.

pls explain how i am comparing to other teams.

How do you compare mismanagement without it being compared to how the other teams do things? Where do you set a level of relative management at exactly, if you aren't look at anyone else to do it?

Colleen Kane ‏@ChiTribKane 3m3 minutes ago

White Sox manager Robin Ventura will miss the Rays series this weekend to attend his daughter's college graduation. Mark Parent fills in.

Apparently the entire team missed the Rays series.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 07:18 PM)
How do you compare mismanagement without it being compared to how the other teams do things? Where do you set a level of relative management at exactly, if you aren't look at anyone else to do it?

first by the level of success. on another thread ref hockey a discussion was how Bill made tons of money, that is all.

that is 1 way, let the owners make money and to hell with the fans. then come back and say the fans are not attending the games.

second, some like the gauge success of the team by the times the make the playoff,

third, by how many winning seasons they have had,

how the systems of stocked and ready to fill a need to the parent club.

so there is a couple ways to judge mismanagement. esp if the system is the laughing stock, or articles are written on how much of a ...... (my words here) joke the front office is.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 02:36 PM)
first by the level of success. on another thread ref hockey a discussion was how Bill made tons of money, that is all.

that is 1 way, let the owners make money and to hell with the fans. then come back and say the fans are not attending the games.

second, some like the gauge success of the team by the times the make the playoff,

so there is a couple ways to judge mismanagement. esp if the system is the laughing stock, or articles are written on how much of a ...... (my words here) joke the front office is.

So by your own logic, the White Sox are actually well managed, because when Noesi failed, they had one of the top pitching prospects in baseball waiting to fill the need of the parent team.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 08:39 PM)
So by your own logic, the White Sox are actually well managed, because when Noesi failed, they had one of the top pitching prospects in baseball waiting to fill the need of the parent team.

i never said, nor implied, nor even hinted at that. quit stretching to trip me up.

i been on the beaten path of getting a another pitchers and yes b****ing that the rebuild was not finished.

i was never confident on Noesi and i even mention it on that blow up i had. i even mention not to trust on something but to go out and get insurance, another pitchers.

edit.... i have been whining and sniveling on what was not finished but again got retreads in Penny, Drabek. for starters.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 02:50 PM)
i never said, nor implied, nor even hinted at that. quit stretching to trip me up.

i been on the beaten path of getting a another pitchers and yes b****ing that the rebuild was not finished.

i was never confident on Noesi and i even mention it on that blow up i had. i even mention not to trust on something but to go out and get insurance, another pitchers.

edit.... i have been whining and sniveling on what was not finished but again got retreads in Penny, Drabek. for starters.

Penny and Drabek are both in AAA. AAA is full of guys like Drabek and Penny. You can't be trying to stretch this into guys on the AAA roster actually meaning something, are you?

That isn't "mismanagement", that is baseball team management. Peruse the AAA rosters of other teams as see what I mean.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 16, 2015 -> 08:56 PM)
Penny and Drabek are both in AAA. AAA is full of guys like Drabek and Penny. You can't be trying to stretch this into guys on the AAA roster actually meaning something, are you?

That isn't "mismanagement", that is baseball team management. Peruse the AAA rosters of other teams as see what I mean.

ok, i will give you that for this sake,

now come up with a better point of mismangement for what i pointed out. post #187

Preller said Murphy will bring "a different voice," and he seemed to imply Murphy would have a sharper edge than Black did.

"When you look at a manager, you're looking for a guy who's able to connect with young guys, somebody who's not afraid to challenge somebody," Preller said. "Guys that can hopefully get some veteran players to play as well as they've played in the past."

Preller is confident Murphy can flip the Padres.

"I think he's shown, at least in short time I've been able to know him, but definitely in the time he's been here in the organization, that he's going to talk to players," Preller said. "He's going to be pretty upfront and honest with guys."

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/130970688/pa...interim-manager

Murphy's the guy (mostly a university baseball coach in terms of history) who AJ Preller blocked from going to join Craig Counsell's staff when he took the Brewers job.

QUOTE (sin city sox fan @ Jun 20, 2015 -> 06:39 AM)
I told you this was bad when the move was announced. When the manager showed he doesn't care, why should the players give a damn? Haven't won a game since the start of the Tampa series and I'm not sure if we'll win another all season the way things are going.

Well, the facts state the Sox haven't won a game since the graduation weekend. Maybe we can burn her diploma in a ceremony and that'll help.