6/13 Games

GGajewski18

Ejections: Winston-Salem Dash pitcher Jordan Guerrero ejected by HP umpire Chase Eade (4th); Winston-Salem Dash Manager Tim Esmay ejected by HP umpire Chase Eade (4th); Winston-Salem Dash catcher Jeremy Dowdy ejected by HP umpire Chase Eade (4th)

Not sure what happened.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 12:45 AM)
Micah is 3-3 with a BB. His BA is ~.100 points higher than Sanchez's OBP in the majors.

Against Daniel Norris tonight. Maybe they can promote Micah and release Bonifacio while keeping Sanchez as late inning defensive guy

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 09:24 PM)
He should have never been sent down IMO. Hopefully he gets another shot with us soon, because Sanchez does not look like an everyday player.

Neither did Micah. He should have gotten 1/2 a year or more in AAA first. Alas we pretended we had a good enough roster that "rushed rookie 2b" wouldn't be a major issue.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)
Neither did Micah. He should have gotten 1/2 a year or more in AAA first. Alas we pretended we had a good enough roster that "rushed rookie 2b" wouldn't be a major issue.

Once we decided to make him the opening day 2B, we should have stuck with him longer than six weeks. His defense sucked but would have likely gotten better as the season progressed. Growing pains are simply part of the game. Unfortunately, we needed a scapegoat for the team's overall poor defense & fundamentals and decided the rookie 2B was the best candidate.

Now we have to endure a guy with sub a .400 OPS, simply because "fix the defense" was our short-term goal at the time.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 09:50 PM)

In the end it didn't hurt the Major League team and probably will have helped Micah a bit so what's the problem?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 03:21 AM)
Once we decided to make him the opening day 2B, we should have stuck with him longer than six weeks. His defense sucked but would have likely gotten better as the season progressed. Growing pains are simply part of the game. Unfortunately, we needed a scapegoat for the team's overall poor defense & fundamentals and decided the rookie 2B was the best candidate.

Now we have to endure a guy with sub a .400 OPS, simply because "fix the defense" was our short-term goal at the time.

the point is, he wasn't good enuf to make the big league, his defense needed work. the problem is, no in the FO wanted to see it that way. the fall back of rushing players.

the other problem, imo the sox misjudge the situation and there were no other viable options avail

i just saw something on Winston Salem box score. Toby Thomas, is playing 3b. according to what i was able to read on him, he is a 1b and started at 1b.

i wonder when they moved him?

i wonder how he is doing defensively?

i see he can hit, but all the little things that make a 3b good, does he have that?

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 05:24 AM)
i just saw something on Winston Salem box score. Toby Thomas, is playing 3b. according to what i was able to read on him, he is a 1b and started at 1b.

i see he can hit, but all the little things that make a 3b good, does he have that?

He can't hit, and he's nothing worth looking at, just an org body

QUOTE (LDF @ Jun 14, 2015 -> 05:24 AM)

no.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 13, 2015 -> 06:47 PM)
Against Daniel Norris tonight. Maybe they can promote Micah and release Bonifacio while keeping Sanchez as late inning defensive guy

Good idea. But then, any idea that includes releasing Bonifacio has merit.