Vanderbilt vs CS Fullerton 7pm ESPN2

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB 6m6 minutes ago

Ceiling is frontline starter. Has that stuff. @SSS_joshnelson: With Fulmer joining the @WhiteSox - what do you think his ceiling is?

Sale

Rodon

Shark

Quintana

Fulmer

EJ, Montas, Danish, Beck in the wings. Staff looks real good to me. Just get some hitters lol

With Guerrero and Adams on their way. Hell, I'll even add Drabek due to his performance this year.

Going to have to start trading some of them for hitting.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:45 PM)
Jim Callis ‏@jimcallisMLB 6m6 minutes ago

Ceiling is frontline starter. Has that stuff. @SSS_joshnelson: With Fulmer joining the @WhiteSox - what do you think his ceiling is?

Sale

Rodon

Shark

Quintana

Fulmer

EJ, Montas, Danish, Beck in the wings. Staff looks real good to me. Just get some hitters lol

Going to have to trade some of those guys to get a decent team, unless one can be built trading everyone but Sale and Abreu.

Danish, Beck = pen, but possibly good ones.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:01 PM)
Fullmer's delivery is lightning quick. Reminds me of the delivery that Brandon McCarthy had when he first came up.

Not necessarily a good thing with the injury history of McCarthy.

The only knock on Fullmer is the high effort to the delivery.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:05 PM)

I always thought one of the knocks on McCarthy (originally) was coming almost completely over the top...that it was going to lead to shoulder problems and force him to adjust his delivery.

It also led to his fastball not having much movement, although the 12-6 curveball was nasty.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)

I am guessing in this case, and knowing their draft history, they don't pick Fulmer if they aren't either comfortable with his motion, or if they think they can get him to adjust. Remember the Sox have passed on pitchers in the past for that exact reason.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 09:43 AM)
I am guessing in this case, and knowing their draft history, they don't pick Fulmer if they aren't either comfortable with his motion, or if they think they can get him to adjust. Remember the Sox have passed on pitchers in the past for that exact reason.

I don't think they really look at it as much as other teams. Look at Sale. His motion scared alot of teams off.

Anyway as I said there really isn't much not to like about his other than the effort. Cooper preaches decreasing the effort anyway.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 06:43 AM)
I always thought one of the knocks on McCarthy (originally) was coming almost completely over the top...that it was going to lead to shoulder problems and force him to adjust his delivery.

It also led to his fastball not having much movement, although the 12-6 curveball was nasty.

That is the good and the bad of throwing over the top .It creates a great curve ball but it allows the hitter to get a good look at the pitches if they are all thrown from there. Dave Stieb was a pitcher who was effective with throwing the over the top curve but dropped down a little for the fastball and slider.

It doesn't necessarily lead to shoulder injuries but that motion does put more stress on the shoulder. Then the further you lower the arm angle the more stress goes to the elbow.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 01:53 PM)
Ben Badler ‏@BenBadler 3h3 hours ago

Carson Fulmer woke up with a fever, @mlananna writes, then pitched Vanderbilt to one win away from a national title: http://bit.ly/1N5EqRk

That can be dangerous. A fever makes the body tissues more extensible and pliable, thus makes any tissue more susceptible to injury.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 08:04 PM)
That can be dangerous. A fever makes the body tissues more extensible and pliable, thus makes any tissue more susceptible to injury.

i didn't know that.

here i was going to say something about his intestinal fortitude and his determination to play.