Carroll called up; Noesi DFA'd

MEANS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 10:48 AM)
This does nothing. Not even excited

Yeah, it doesn't do much in so far as it's not gonna turn the season around, but Noesi was just terrible and needed to go. This is just a start, I hope.

Next moves that I'd like:

Try to trade Bonifacio for anything; cash, PTBNL, etc. If nothing, DFA him.

Slide Sanchez to Bonifacio's backup defensive role. Call up Micah.

DFA Tyler Flowers. Bad at defense and offense. But this needs a catcher trade (please god).

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 04:34 PM)

DFA Tyler Flowers. Bad at defense and offense. But this needs a catcher trade (please god).

Right with ya there. The guy I've been saying for about a week now is Andrew Susac. I think he'd be perfect for our "rebuild"

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 02:34 PM)

Problem is though it's kind of a minor one is that Bonifacio is the team's 5th outfielder. Can Sanchez play the OF if needed?

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jun 18, 2015 -> 04:36 PM)
Right with ya there. The guy I've been saying for about a week now is Andrew Susac. I think he'd be perfect for our "rebuild"

Maybe if the Giants are nice they will trade him to the Sox for Shark.

One of my concerns is trade/talent evaluation. In hindsight, Hahn made a bad choice by insisting on including Avi when the Red Sox offered Iglesias + for Peavy. Since both Iglesias and Avi were International League players, they certainly should have been familiar to Sox scouts. Avi was not a great fielder in the minors but the trade may have been made for his "potential" bat. Now once the Sox saw last year that Avi struggled in the field, why would you go out and get Melky?? Another guy they got for only his "potential" bat. Then they come out of SP w Micah as your 2nd baseman. How did he look in Arizona??? It didn't take long in the ML before they saw he needed work defensively. I know he has some nice offensive tools but again it seems like a lot of decisions ignore defense.

Now this does not fall all on Hahn. Teams need to rely on minor league scouting to judge talent when trades involve prospects. We talk about the lack of development in positional players in the minors. Maybe the problem is evaluation as much as development.

I am all for trading Q because I feel he is the most valuable asset the team can afford to give up. But in doing so, you better get 2-3 ML ready players back and one better be a catcher or SS. My fear is the ability of the FO to judge the correct package to get back.

Edited by SCCWS