6/21 vs Texas Rangers

flavum

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 04:38 PM)
7 innings, 2 runs. We'll take it.

I read this post and thought "You're right, for the White Sox scoring 2 runs in 7 innings is a real improvement." I then figured out you meant Q.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 09:44 PM)
Sanchez has to get sent down. It's the right thing to do.

Not that I think he has much of a future in the big leagues, but if the Sox do think he has one, then you definitely send him down as his at bats are only getting worse.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 03:46 PM)
Avi looks totally lost at the plate. This is where maybe a new voice with a hitting coach could potentially help him.

You can see why the Tigers weren't paranoid letting him go to a team in the division.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 09:47 PM)
You can see why the Tigers weren't paranoid letting him go to a team in the division.

If there's another team out there that thinks he has 30/30 potential, then I wouldn't mind seeing what they would give up for him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 04:46 PM)
Avi looks totally lost at the plate. This is where maybe a new voice with a hitting coach could potentially help him.

This is where being hurt last year really hurts him. He was going to go into a major slump with his approach at the plate at some point but he's always gotten that lucky bloop to RF to fall. Now that's not falling and suddenly he's in a major slump that he has to figure out how to work thorugh.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 04:48 PM)
If there's another team out there that thinks he has 30/30 potential, then I wouldn't mind seeing what they would give up for him.

He's exactly the kind of guy the White Sox should be trying to compile. Under team control for several years, has talent, if he flops so what, we lose more games? Oh darn. 67 wins instead of 68.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
Garcia now 9/65 this month.

He's got the whole Josh Fields thing where he can't hit a fastball with much velocity above the belt. Thankfully, Avi has done very well against offspeed pitches. However, you see a team like Texas keeps throwing him high fastballs knowing he won't do much damage against it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 08:50 PM)
He's exactly the kind of guy the White Sox should be trying to compile. Under team control for several years, has talent, if he flops so what, we lose more games? Oh darn. 67 wins instead of 68.

That's why I put the disclaimer in there that the other team would have to be in love with his potential, which would obviously increase the value the Sox would be getting back. I wouldn't trade him for prospects.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 21, 2015 -> 04:52 PM)
That's why I put the disclaimer in there that the other team would have to be in love with his potential, which would obviously increase the value the Sox would be getting back. I wouldn't trade him for prospects.

Whether it's Sanchez or Garcia or Micah or whatever, we need to get this "it's important to win every game" mentality out of our head and give these guys what they need to turn into something useful. Even if that's just a backup/utility player. If Sanchez struggles for 300 more PAs but he figures something out, oh darn we've lost some games. If Micah getting PAs in AAA gives him time to work on defense with less pressure...oh darn we lost some games. If Garcia needs a year to really work on his approach...oh darn we lost some games that we were going to lose anyway.