prospective help or waste

BamaDoc

Pulling my hair looking for offense. Kottaras hits lefty experienced/old at 32 could he help. His career major OPS better than what we are getting but know nothing of his defense or game calling? Could he at least be part of platoon?

Leury Garcia, the guy I least wanted on the team this year. Has cooled off as Johnson and Saladino getting most of at bats. When playing regularly was hitting around .300. No pop but if you wanted to let Johnson continue to work on defense, could you bring him up for a couple weeks and bat him ninth and leave him alone. Could he hit worse than Sanchez? He has in past but he played irregularly and maybe he needs not to sit and think to much or looses rhythm easily. Play him at second every day at AAA for a week to get rhythm and what have we got to lose? Can't believe I am putting Garcia as a possible offense upgrade.

Good questions.

I think Leury was in Charlotte to get regular ABs to see if he could hit. If he isn't getting regular ABs anymore, then that's about it and his career is as a defensive replacement. Bid a final adieu to Beckham in the next couple of months, and let him take over. Or if you need a temporary Alexei replacement before trying Saladino or whomever.

Kottras was always a decent hitter for a catcher. Someone may want Soto for backup help. Even if not, don't see a problem getting him up here. If he can hit, there's a spot for him.