6/22 at Minnesota Twins

flavum

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 07:53 PM)
In May he had 2 different games where he walked 4 people in 5 innings. 16 walks in 32 innings in May, 1.61 WHIP. He's been in a good groove for 4 starts and in the first of those he gave up 9 hits.

Calling him up right now is such a completely normal, classic White Sox panic move that I can't believe people think it makes sense.

Alternatively, instead of cherrypicking starts, he's walked 8% of batters he's faced all season, which is completely fine. Hell I'm happy with him down there for now and Danks sucking it up because I said all along this wasn't a good team and I want a high draft pick/pool, but he's easily a major league pitcher right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
In May he had 2 different games where he walked 4 people in 5 innings. 16 walks in 32 innings in May, 1.61 WHIP. He's been in a good groove for 4 starts and in the first of those he gave up 9 hits.

Calling him up right now is such a completely normal, classic White Sox panic move that I can't believe people think it makes sense.

Agreed.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:57 PM)
Alternatively, instead of cherrypicking starts, he's walked 8% of batters he's faced all season, which is completely fine. Hell I'm happy with him down there for now and Danks sucking it up because I said all along this wasn't a good team and I want a high draft pick/pool, but he's easily a major league pitcher right now.

Then he will still be one at the All Star Break and maybe he'll have 8 straight great starts instead of 3. He'll still get a real solid look in the big leagues.

Is Ventura just giving up?

Why even carry those guys at the back end of the bullpen on the roster?

Just because of Rodon?

So we have to wait until the opponent scores 7 or 8 runs first?

What was he seeing in Danks tonight that made him think the offense could rally back with him still on the mound?

Sure, only 2 earned runs, but that doesn't mean he didn't look like crap the rest of that inning after the defense once again imploded.

EDIT: Should have anticipated 9 runs and the homer there.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 07:58 PM)
Then he will still be one at the All Star Break and maybe he'll have 8 straight great starts instead of 3. He'll still get a real solid look in the big leagues.

As I said, I'm happy leaving him down there for now, but if Hahn actually believes this team even has a shred of a chance of turning it around as he says he does, Guerra/Johnson should be in the rotation ahead of Danks 5 days from now, they're unambiguously better options. I'm with you that the org needs to show more patience in general but we're not talking about a randomer who's had a few good starts, Johnson was an excellent prospect who put up great numbers all the way up and then had a crappy year when his velocity vanished. As soon as I heard Johnson's velocity was back I expected the results to follow and they have. 10.15 K/9 and 3.00 BB/9.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:58 PM)

Why are you ignoring his 2013 season when he dominated AAA? This year you focus on a couple bad starts in May, when he was very good in April and has been elite so far in June. The kid leads the International Leauge in strikeouts by a wide margin with the rest of his periphials more than solid. And yes he was injured last year, the Sox did eventually disclose some sort of injury. His stuff is now back and the results are there. He was ready for the bigs in 2013 and there is no reason hold 2014 against him when the velocity and command have returned. You're clinging to some insider info that only tells a small fraction of the story

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 10:06 PM)
Why are you ignoring his 2013 season when he dominated AAA? This year you focus on a couple bad starts in May, when he was very good in April and has been elite so far in June. The kid leads the International Leauge in strikeouts by a wide margin with the rest of his periphials more than solid. And yes he was injured last year, the Sox did eventually disclose some sort of injury. His stuff is now back and the results are there. He was ready for the bigs in 2013 and there is no reason hold 2014 against him when the velocity and command have returned. You're clinging to some insider info that only tells a small fraction of the story

When? No one here saw anything about that.