6/22 at Minnesota Twins

flavum

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
Sox have 10 hits and two walks and 2 runs?? How the hell is that possible (just tuned in)?

Say hello to the 2015 White Sox offense. :P

Thankfully Fulmer is pitching tonight so there's that.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 10:25 PM)
So balta, are you rooting for the Sox to lose right now? Honest question

I've just made my peace with it and expect it. I'm just in "what can we do long term that is the best for the franchise" mode and at least I get to enjoy Sale.

Can you picture Torii Hunter counseling Buxton before this game?

Torii: "Son, I know it's been tough for you, but you are about to have an incredible series, rookie!"

Buxton: Thank you sir. But are you sure?

Torii: You will find out, son. We are playing the Chicago White Sox. You are about to find out how bad a ballclub we're about to face. Get ready to have some f***ing FUN and welcome to the big leagues!!"

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:22 PM)
Scott Carroll. That wasn't even a serious effort by Hahn. I guess he keeps Prince Robin happy in the clubhouse.

I agree. That move was just getting rid of really really bad for really bad.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:29 PM)
I've just made my peace with it and expect it. I'm just in "what can we do long term that is the best for the franchise" mode and at least I get to enjoy Sale.

And Quintana, and Rodon.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:29 PM)

Bingo.

Also I am hoping, not expecting mind you, but hoping that this is like lancing a boil, and that this season will lead to a very thorough re-evaluation of scouting and development personnel and practices.

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:22 PM)
Lets hope the Sox lose 20-2. We might see some changes then

They might be better off showing Michelle Jannecke races on the video board....

And they've already managed to lose, I think it was 22-3 to the Twins, in the last decade...it was a Freddy Garcia start that got ugly in a hurry. One of the few Sox games I've been able to attend during that time period, and it was a complete dud.

It must be humbling to be Scott Carroll. He's like Phil Humber after the perfect game. I know they make good money, but what's it like to be THAT ineffective a pitcher? I realize all of you believe Danks is just as bad, but I'd rather pick on Carroll cause I think Fathom and Caulfield could whack doubles off him right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 23, 2015 -> 03:35 AM)
1 homer in last 7 road games

Only the Sox can make me wish for winter, so we can have another do-over in April. I wish the Sox were a human video game where I could hit the restart button.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 07:39 PM)
It must be humbling to be Scott Carroll. He's like Phil Humber after the perfect game. I know they make good money, but what's it like to be THAT ineffective a pitcher? I realize all of you believe Danks is just as bad, but I'd rather pick on Carroll cause I think Fathom and Caulfield could whack doubles off him right now.

Yeah, but he's what he is, Danks is SUPPOSED to be good.

Pretty cool how we have a catcher who has been an above average major league hitter each of his last 4 years hitting .333/.486/.648 at AAA and we're not even starting him... at AAA. I understand developing Kevan Smith but they're using a rotating DH just to get at-bats for non-prospect infielders.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 10:43 PM)
Pretty cool how we have a catcher who has been an above average major league hitter each of his last 4 years hitting .333/.486/.648 at AAA and we're not even starting him... at AAA. I understand developing Kevan Smith but they're using a rotating DH just to get at-bats for non-prospect infielders.

I'd rather have given Phegly 500 PA than Flowers.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:48 PM)
I'd rather have given Phegly 500 PA than Flowers.

Everyone here was completely dismissive of Phegley because he was bad in a cup of coffee. I say it often enough, trust the AAA numbers. Oakland does and they're being rewarded for it.