6/22 at Minnesota Twins

flavum

They might as well call up Micah as Fathom says. Try to not completely waste the season. Also get rid of everybody who won't be here next year.

Release Soto and Flowers and Bonifacio and Beckham. OK, you guys win. Release Danks too and Carroll.

Trade Lexi for scraps and trade all the guys I've been clamoring to trade in other threads. Bring up guys from AAA if our prospects aren't ready. Let the old dogs in our organization earn their big league pensions at least.

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Condor13 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
Announcers are just laughing at the sox. I don't blame them one bit

Minn radio guys last series against Sox could not believe how ill prepared to play they are.

As everyone has mentioned, we're getting close to the point where we need to start playing/pitching the Johnson Boys.

No idea what they plan to do for SS next season, probably a bargain basement/dumpster dive. However, it would be nice to see us at least PLANNING for the future without Alexei, which means (gasp) Leury or Saladino and then a broad search for SS, 3B and C during the offseason.

Hopefully dealing Samardzija, Alexei, Quintana and Putnam/Petricka and possibly Duke (only trade those three for "obvious win" returns) can fill at least one if not two of those spots.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 10:58 PM)
Settle down, a grounder and a homer. He's good.

Amazing, but as bad as Danks was, the bullpen is worse. Minny must think this is T-Ball.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:59 PM)
Just wait. You simply don't strike out that many guys out in the minors without being good. I've liked his stuff so far. s*** happens in small sample sizes.

I've been on his bandwagon, too. Hope you're right. He hasn't pitched in 10 days, which doesn't help either.

But they'll send him down when Jennings is ready. Gotta have that Scott Carroll.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:57 PM)
Minn radio guys last series against Sox could not believe how ill prepared to play they are.

That's been the same refrain throughout seemingly the entire season.

About the defense, bad offensive approaches/lack of patience or giving up outs....throwing to the wrong bases and letting trail runners advance, lack of communication on the field....and just the general malaise/stupor/lethargy comment, especially as it refers to how badly we've been outplayed in the first inning and how many times we've come out flat and the other team has taken it to us right away and scored the first run/s of the game. Lack of focus/concentration, etc.

Edited by caulfield12