6/22 at Minnesota Twins

flavum

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:36 PM)
I keep saying for EJ...they've said they want to give him time at AAA to get his confidence back and I totally agree with that after the implosion last year.

You keep saying this, but also keep ignoring the suddenly drop-off in velocity.

I'm sure his mental makeup played a role, but stuff was the primary issue.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:37 PM)
We. Shouldn't. We tried and wound up 8 games below .500 and at the bottom of the league by mid-June.

That is fine, but I do not want to hear KW, JR, Hahn cry about attendance numbers then. You can't have it both ways.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:37 PM)
Seems like he should be pretty confident now

He went 1-3 with a 5.29 ERA in May. He's had a total of 3 really good starts in a row. As recently as June 5 he had a 9 hit outing over 6 IP.

Come on, 3 good starts, that's literally it.

I know this org has no patience but come on.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:38 PM)
You keep saying this, but also keep ignoring the suddenly drop-off in velocity.

I'm sure his mental makeup played a role, but stuff was the primary issue.

And there never appeared to be a physical injury to explain that, which means it was something else.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
He has a 4.67 ERA at Charlotte.

Come on guys, I dislike this team as much as anyone but pay attention a bit, please.

You have yet to say anything about Junior Guerra which is probably the best option and most intriguing.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
He has a 4.67 ERA at Charlotte.

Come on guys, I dislike this team as much as anyone but pay attention a bit, please.

I pay attention Danks f***ing sucks. You act like Danks is doing anything productive.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:42 PM)
Eric Johnson

Junior Guerra

Chris Beck

Kyle Drabek

Terance Marin

Any of the above > Danks or Carroll or Penny

Chris Beck is on the disabled list. I've made the point regarding EJ repeatedly. At least check the disabled list before you suggest pitching the guy please?

Awaiting a patented mini "Greg Rant" on how every single AL Central team this season has gotten momentum back after facing the White Sox.

Maybe I'll join him...

On the other hand, this whole idea of Danks being not so bad "because he's a gamer, was good seven years ago in the Blackout Game and has battled through injuries in order to collect his $65 million in game checks" and a core component of future starting rotations needs to end.

That's 5 bad starts in the last 6, or 6 in 7, something like that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 07:40 PM)
He went 1-3 with a 5.29 ERA in May. He's had a total of 3 really good starts in a row. As recently as June 5 he had a 9 hit outing over 6 IP.

Come on, 3 good starts, that's literally it.

I know this org has no patience but come on.

Come on, you know better than to look at ERA and hits. He's been striking people out all year, and has mostly kept the walks at a manageable rate.

The irony is that LaRoche and Gillaspie both had opportunities to bunt this weekend in a tie game with the pronounced shift on and RISP...easy base hits down the line if they just managed to keep it fair and past the pitcher.

But elected not to take advantage of the opportunity. So NOW we get it when we're well behind....that's the typical White Sox brain cramp this season.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jun 22, 2015 -> 09:51 PM)
Come on, you know better than to look at ERA and hits. He's been striking people out all year, and has mostly kept the walks at a manageable rate.

In May he had 2 different games where he walked 4 people in 5 innings. 16 walks in 32 innings in May, 1.61 WHIP. He's been in a good groove for 4 starts and in the first of those he gave up 9 hits.

Calling him up right now is such a completely normal, classic White Sox panic move that I can't believe people think it makes sense.