06/24 Sox at Pirahnas

Quin

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
I'm okay with trading everything on the team but Sale. If we can't get a good team around him before his contract is up he will still be worth a boatload in his 2nd to last year.

Knowing the Sox, they'll trade Sale/Quintana first out of misguided sense of loyalty to Ventura's managerial legacy.

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (shysocks @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
Guys, it's 113 pitches. He's a grown-ass man. Relax.

He's averaging like 110 a start. In a lost season, that's ridiculous. I'm with Cooper, f*** a hard and fast limit on pitch count, but I'm also about being prudent. Don't leave him out when he's already been pitched hard this year and the game is over.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 03:18 PM)
Knowing the Sox, they'll trade Sale/Quintana first out of misguided sense of loyalty to Ventura's managerial legacy.

They're so depleted on talent they should trade Quintana (or sale if someone offers the unbelievable deal it'd take to get him) anyway.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:17 PM)
Re: Micah, we did.

Re: Anderson: buxton's OPS at AA was 100 points higher.

Re: Anderson: if we were in a pennant race right now, with the way Alexei is playing...you might get me to actually say "Why the f*** not".

I have a hard time imagining Aaron Hicks taking his job away when he returns from injury...all depends on the k rate.

15 k's in 37 ab's and a 501 ops.

Maybe it's the Alabama (aka Asian Crazy) jumping worm's fault.

The Twins are going to cost Sale the Cy Young this year, just like the Indians possibly did in 2013. He's given up 32 earned runs this year, and 16 to the Twins. They've scored half the runs he's given up this year (more than half if you include unearned runs).

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:26 PM)
The complaints for not pulling him were 100% pitch count.

It was a hard inning.

The defense made at least two mistakes to prolong it.

My main concern was Sale trying to throw as hard as he could against his old nemesis Mauer...simply because of his frustration level with the defense and umpiring.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
Another mailed in effort under Ventura he has to go!

if there was ever a game that showed Robin doesn't have his guys ready to play, or focused this was it.

that ground out by Eaton was about as obvious as you could get.

QUOTE (OmarComing25 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:29 PM)
The Twins are going to cost Sale the Cy Young this year, just like the Indians possibly did in 2013. He's given up 32 earned runs this year, and 16 to the Twins. They've scored half the runs he's given up this year (more than half if you include unearned runs).

9-4 against Sox, 9-15 against the rest of the AL Central.

Winners now of 1 of their last 7 series. Still hanging in there for the Wild Card.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
raise your hand if you'd like to see Alexei sent to the DL for 15 days with a made up excuse so he can just get his f***ing head right

DL?

dominican league?

i'm game!