06/24 Sox at Pirahnas

Quin

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)
The complaints for not pulling him were 100% pitch count.

The point wasn't the pitch count... the point is he has been getting smacked around and there is no reason to leave him in anymore...

As opposed to the other night where he was on fire and got pulled and they lost.

QUOTE (harkness @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
I guess you and Dick missed the game where robin took him out with less pitches and he was on fire....

And they lost.

That was 111, so if 113 is too much, yanking him with 111 after 125 his previous outing and a $14 million a year closer coming in makes a ton of sense.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:33 PM)
This is not a defense of RV, but seriously, do you honestly think (insert any name here) would make a difference at this point?

You have to give the fans some hope, it is not working under RV. Time to put guys on notice the country club atmosphere under Ventura is over going into 2016.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:32 PM)
They're cleaning house in October.

Doubtful

The dugout - maybe. But not the house.

I dont' see the point, however, of firing the inept Ventura now, without addressing the other coaches as well as Hahn, Williams, Laumann and Bell.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)
That was 111, so if 113 is too much, yanking him with 111 after 125 his previous outing and a $14 million a year closer coming in makes a ton of sense.

There was a reason to leave him in last game.

No reason to leave him in this game.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:33 PM)
This is not a defense of RV, but seriously, do you honestly think (insert any name here) would make a difference at this point?

Well, we'll never know because of their fear of being disloyal to Ventura...especially if this terrible style of play continues into next year. It will remain one of those unanswered questions if the baseball equivalent of Brad Stevens could have turned the season around.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 12:36 PM)
You have to give the fans some hope, it is not working under RV. Time to put guys on notice the country club atmosphere under Ventura is over going into 2016.

This is true. Whatever the case may be -- that he's a good or bad manager -- it is definitely not working.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 12:32 PM)
They'll never change managers during this season. Just ride out the last 90. They're cleaning house in October.

Not saying it's the right way or the thing to do but I fear you're right. Ugh. A long dreadful rest of the season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 12:38 PM)
Well, we'll never know because of their fear of being disloyal to Ventura...especially if this terrible style of play continues into next year. It will remain one of those unanswered questions if the baseball equivalent of Brad Stevens could have turned the season around.

This is why I wish LaRussa was team president

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:35 PM)

It was a day game, his 3rd or 4th game in a row where he went well over 100, and he was in trouble. The pen was fresh. There was no reason to leave him out there.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 08:38 PM)

True. The time to fire him was that series where we lost all four to Minnie. Or even before that. He's a joke, but no more than the players. Right now, you'd have to give a D or F to LaRoche, Gillaspie, Lexi, Sanchez, Micah, Flowers, Soto, Melky, Abreu, Bonifacio. For the most part the pitchers have been OK.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:38 PM)
Attendance is going to drop like a rock after July 4th if this nonsense continues

People are not going to pay to watch this.................I know people on Fathers Day game that left after the 4th inning they were so bored.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)
Attendance is going to drop like a rock after July 4th if this nonsense continues

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...p;#entry3186851

We're already 27th.

Perhaps we could "pass" Miami going downwards, Cleve and TB would be hard to overtake.

Then again, the Rays keep this up and 29th is possible. Funny the Sox attendance with even a winning organization and super creative front office would have been abysmal as well down in St. Pete.

Charlotte might outdraw us in actual seats occupied here on out.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 08:41 PM)
It was a day game, his 3rd or 4th game in a row where he went well over 100, and he was in trouble. The pen was fresh. There was no reason to leave him out there.

and screw that record. the pen was there. use the pen.

pretty much like last yr when RV didn't pull him and he had a sore shoulder.

he is a #1 sp.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 08:42 PM)
People are not going to pay to watch this.................I know people on Fathers Day game that left after the 4th inning they were so bored.

Frankly, who cares? Let's face it. The Sox are at the point like the Orioles were all those years when they fielded teams that had no chance and were out of it in May. The Sox are at that point. We cheer for a horrible baseball team. If the fans don't want to come, who cares? There's really no danger of the team moving to another city. So who cares if the Sox make any more money on concessions/parking/souvenirs? You'd have rocks in your head to pay to see this team play. Free tickets? That's a different story. it's still baseball.

QUOTE (lord chas @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 12:38 PM)

I live near Seattle and of course look forward to when the Sox come here. I always go to every game (saw Humber's perfect game). This year, not at all excited. I'll probably only go to one. I have become somewhat of a Mariners fan except of course when they play the Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:41 PM)
True. The time to fire him was that series where we lost all four to Minnie. Or even before that. He's a joke, but no more than the players. Right now, you'd have to give a D or F to LaRoche, Gillaspie, Lexi, Sanchez, Micah, Flowers, Soto, Melky, Abreu, Bonifacio. For the most part the pitchers have been OK.

Abreu is a B. He's not getting as many pitches to drive and he's being forced to be more aggressive trying to carry the team on his back. But he's almost at .300, at least coming into today. B-, at worst.

LaRoche C+ or B-.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:46 PM)
The Tony LaRussa whose team was just roundly mocked for dumping one of their top prospects for some salary relief?

Does that sound like his idea or ownership's (because of financial issues)?

No different than Teahen/Jackson being bundled...although this is more egregious than that one even.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)
The Tony LaRussa whose team was just roundly mocked for dumping one of their top prospects for some salary relief?

f*** yes. That LaRussa. Do I need to list his accolades or does that salary dump render them pointless?