06/24 Sox at Pirahnas

Quin

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 02:24 PM)
It seems pretty obvious they're going to end up trading Eaton this offseason in a Swisher-esque deal where they're so sick of the player, they'll give him up for cheap. Sox will end up having to eat some of the money owed.

That would be an impressive failure but it does sound like what they'd be talking about with "firing the players".

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:25 PM)
I love this tweet:

Comiskey Park Hitmen ‏@CPHSox 3m3 minutes ago

Adam Eaton used to run to 1st on walks. Oh how things have changed.

Another bad long term contract.............Sox are good at those.

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 07:23 PM)
You don't let him go back out there. Plain and simple.

Robin's had quite a few opportunities to hold someone accountable by benching them, and he continues to do nothing. At this point, he should be trying to do anything to push different buttons. His style isn't working at all!

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 07:34 PM)
Imagine you were Eaton after hitting that... I don't blame him for stopping the first time (although I'd still be lightly jogging), but the second stop was unacceptable.

So many of the players have been jogging to first this year far too often. Eaton and Alexei are the biggest culprits. Ironically, the guy with the bad knee (Avi) busts it down the line every time.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 10:35 AM)
So many of the players have been jogging to first this year far too often. Eaton and Alexei are the biggest culprits. Ironically, the guy with the bad knee (Avi) busts it down the line every time.

Honestly I'd bench Eaton for 3 games and tell him to watch Shuck whenever he hits anything. If Adam hustled like him he'd be busting out infield hits every other game.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 06:37 PM)
Pressure the defense with speed. You bust your hump every time. When did guys lose these fundamentals.

When they were allowed to do whatever they want without consequences by the manager. Only time someone's been disciplined this year is when the "angry substitute teacher" was in charge

QUOTE (BigHurt3515 @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 06:39 PM)
More Alexei bulls***. Why does he doe that stupid slide thing? Just back hand it and throw it over

What an awful season for him. I don't think the Sox could even give him away right now.

QUOTE (Knackattack @ Jun 24, 2015 -> 01:38 PM)
Honestly I'd bench Eaton for 3 games and tell him to watch Shuck whenever he hits anything. If Adam hustled like him he'd be busting out infield hits every other game.

Eaton hustled so much last year that he was getting injured because of it. Now that he has the money and he has a year under his belt he feels like he can do whatever he wants and the s***ty manager allows it