2015-16 NHL thread

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Dec 6, 2015 -> 04:52 PM)
Hossa scores.

Bickell with 5 hits in the 1st period. Annihilated big Buff too.

That was awesome. I don't think I've ever seen Big Buff get drilled like that in his career. That was similar to the one Buff put on Pronger a few years ago in the Finals.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 04:57 AM)
That was awesome. I don't think I've ever seen Big Buff get drilled like that in his career. That was similar to the one Buff put on Pronger a few years ago in the Finals.

question, according to the recap, i only saw bickell with 8 min playing.... was that correct or what???

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 7, 2015 -> 07:57 AM)
ok i just thought it was a typo.

I didn't watch, but it looks like the 3rd line got way less playing time than the other 3 lines. Kero had a similar amount of minutes, Shaw had more but that's because of his time on the PP.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 11:59 AM)
What did his dad say?

It goes like this:

-Bowman calls Saad to offer him $5m a year

-Saad is fishing but his dad answers

-Saad's dad said that's a lowball offer and to make it work they should trade Kane

-Bowman says "that's not happening" and hangs up

-Saad comes in, talks to his dad and calls Bowman back to accept

-Bowman says "sorry you're on your way to Columbus already"

All that for $1m extra annually

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 02:53 PM)
It goes like this:

-Saad's dad said that's a lowball offer and to make it work they should trade Kane

Did that really happen...? Wow.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 08:53 PM)
It goes like this:

and people talk about Colby Rasmus father being a bad person to interfere in his sons business life.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
Do you have a link for that published story?

In what world is a GM going to call a player, get his dad, and then still outline his contract offer to him?

Also worth noting is that Saad's father is native Syrian, who moved here at age 18. I am guessing at best he is ESL, so the likelihood his being involved in his son's contract negotiations directly have to be pretty slim.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 05:31 PM)
In what world is a GM going to call a player, get his dad, and then still outline his contract offer to him?

Also worth noting is that Saad's father is native Syrian, who moved here at age 18. I am guessing at best he is ESL, so the likelihood his being involved in his son's contract negotiations directly have to be pretty slim.

And even if it is true getting $6 million annually vs $5 million annually is a huge raise. Yes, it is a ton of money either way but we aren't talking about a guy getting MLB star money where $1 million a year isn't as big of a deal.

It's 100% true. I have a friend who works for WGN. While I doubted it originally, Kaplan made mention of it the other day on STL, saying (paraphrasing): "I wonder how much daddy likes his son's odds of winning in Columbus."

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 04:41 PM)
And even if it is true getting $6 million annually vs $5 million annually is a huge raise. Yes, it is a ton of money either way but we aren't talking about a guy getting MLB star money where $1 million a year isn't as big of a deal.

I would've taken the Hawks deal, $6m less over 6 years & all. Chicago > Columbus & a better chance of winning

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 04:31 PM)

He wasn't "involved" technically. Bowman tried to reach Saad and his dad spoke for his son.

Kane's dad was the same was in his negotiations. Kane's dad does *a lot* of approving and disapproving for his son.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 04:17 PM)
Do you have a link for that published story?

It's not published.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 8, 2015 -> 07:54 PM)
I just think that's a little too good of a story to not be posted, somewhere, even a secondary site.

That's literally the first I've ever heard of the dad story. Especially since his agent was in contact with the Hawks repeatedly.