2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:19 AM)
RT @MarkLazerus: #Blackhawks trade Trevor Daley to Penguins for defenseman Rob Scuderi.

this is a lateral move, with ref to salary.

~~~ edit, he is considered a defensive defenseman.

so he is a much better dman than daley. i can live with that.

Edited by LDF

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:25 AM)
No it's not, since Pitt is retaining 33% of the salary. That's the only reason this move was made, Scuderi is a much worse player than Daley, somehow..

i was going with what the post said, it didn't mention anything of the 33% savings.

if he is a worst player, and i am not saying he is or isn't ..... then why make that trade, for the 33% savings??

ooops you already answered it.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:32 AM)
I really wonder if there were locker room issues with Daley cause this is not a move on paper that makes sense, even with some savings.

I do hope Gustafsson comes back up with the little salary that has been opened, he was playing well before he got sent down. I wouldn't be surprised if they just waive Scuderi at some point.

you bring up an interesting point. i wish i knew.

if i remember correctly, i believe last week it was mention that Daley asked to be traded. now i wish i remember which site i read that from.

so i wonder it that was a true request or not.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 02:32 AM)
I really wonder if there were locker room issues with Daley cause this is not a move on paper that makes sense, even with some savings.

I do hope Gustafsson comes back up with the little salary that has been opened, he was playing well before he got sent down. I wouldn't be surprised if they just waive Scuderi at some point.

but with ref to both daley and scuderi, the western canadian teams are looking for dman's. it was again rumored that the hawks had a deal made, but the hawks wanted too much. a 2nd rounder and a prospects.

QUOTE (LDF @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 08:23 PM)
this is a lateral move, with ref to salary.

~~~ edit, he is considered a defensive defenseman.

so he is a much better dman than daley. i can live with that.

No. Scuderi is a traffic cone. I assume this is precluding another move.

This is the kind of trade you make when no other GM is going to help you out. Everyone knows where the Blackhawks are weak. No GM in this conference, let alone the rest of the NHL is actually going to help the Blackhawks solve their defensive issues without some massive return.

Edited by AustinIllini

@jayzawaski670

1. Some things about the Daley / Scuderi trade: Talked to a couple of people tonight. One believes this is a Q move all the way.

2. Q was never a big fan of Daley. If you've been paying attention, I've been talking about the Hawks looking to move him since late Oct.

3. For what it's worth, Scuderi is a great locker room guy, so meshing won't be an issue.

4. This is a cap move too, and while nothing is imminent, there will be more movement leading up to deadline.

5. My best source says, "That's how much they did not like Daley."

QUOTE (AustinIllini @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 03:42 AM)
This is the kind of trade you make when no other GM is going to help you out. Everyone knows where the Blackhawks are weak. No GM in this conference, let alone the rest of the NHL is actually going to help the Blackhawks solve their defensive issues without some massive return.

i know....i am wondering how bowman pulled this trade off. he prob has some incriminating picts.....

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:56 PM)
That Sharp trade looks really bad now.

Hopefully Goose is up permanently now. Scuderi is slow as molasses.

Horrible. You get a bad defenseman in exchange for your best prospect, trade him for a worse defenseman. Jim Nill completely exploited Stan Bowman.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 14, 2015 -> 09:10 PM)
The D corps actually haven't been that bad, especially the last two weeks. It's still the offense that isn't 100% clicking.

I guess, but how much of that is due to Corey's Vezina performance out there, he is making them look much better.

I completely agree about the offense though, still really a one line team.

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 06:42 AM)
That's a topic that every team at some point discusses. Is it the goalie playing out of his mind, or the defense playing well? No one can really ever answer that.

The fact remains the Top 4 at least has been playing solid hockey. I really like the player TVR has turned into. If Gus can at least be decent, Rozsival, Scuduri and Rundblad hopefully can rotate in and out and not be noticed too much as the #6 man. Shockingly, I don't think Rozy has been that bad when they give him a few nights off. If he plays 2, maybe 3 times a week, I think you can get by.

you make a valid point, at least in my way of thinking.

speaking of which, i feel that in Q system, they, the goalie, dman and forwards are really needed to make a successful team in this era and it all has a domino effect to winning.

first you really need the forward who will carry the attack and be able to come back and back check effectively and be responsible for their position.

next your dman, they really need to be above avg dman and have the ability to log some crazy minutes.

lastly is the goalie. he will need to have, both the ability and talent to stop the puck.

if one group is more important in Q system, it is the dman and what is required from them. they are the glue.

now scuduri will be better than daley, imo b/c of the style of hockey he plays. all defensive.......

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 12:42 AM)
That's a topic that every team at some point discusses. Is it the goalie playing out of his mind, or the defense playing well? No one can really ever answer that.

The fact remains the Top 4 at least has been playing solid hockey. I really like the player TVR has turned into. If Gus can at least be decent, Rozsival, Scuduri and Rundblad hopefully can rotate in and out and not be noticed too much as the #6 man. Shockingly, I don't think Rozy has been that bad when they give him a few nights off. If he plays 2, maybe 3 times a week, I think you can get by.

I don't think it is any coincidence that the team really picked it up when Keith got back. He just makes everything, and everyone, better on the backline.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 15, 2015 -> 06:02 PM)
"speaking of which, i feel that in Q system, they, the goalie, dman and forwards are really needed to make a successful team in this era and it all has a domino effect to winning. "

So the ... team

thank you for responding with this really insightful response. it really answers everything what many would like to know.

btw, the team, then how come other teams do not have similar success???

oh i forgot the team is the answer.